Aboard the Star - Everything was great until..

RMM34667

I woke up a few hours ago and started throwing. It feels like food poison, but after getting on line to goggle the symptoms, I am pretty sure it's going to turn out to be norovirus. I haven't notified the ship yet.. I sure as heck won't be going around infecting anyone but the thought of being quarentined is killing me.

The Star is great.. wish I could enjoy Aruba today.

So sorry to hear this. Hubby had it a few weeks ago at home caught it from his job. It usually takes a day to hit you so possible u got it a day or two ago. Not sure when you got onboard but u need to hydrate. Drink water mixed with a couple tablespoons of sugar and some salt - a dash or two. Similar to gatorade or get someone to buy u gatorade. When u can eat get a bannana iinto you. Loss of potassium causes leg n body pains. If u don't notify the ship u need to buy some disinfectant and clean everything including ur remote control, phone, door knobs, et. I would be inclined to tell them at some point so things are properly sterilized. Good luck! Hope u r typing from ur room!???

I've been quarantined. It wasn't that bad. I sure as heck didn't feel like going out of the cabin anyway.

No diarrhea? When I get Norovirus I don't throw up at all, just get the opposite end problem.

If you go visit the Doctor onboard (which you should) you will only be quarentined for about 24 hours from the time you last vomited. For the sake of everyone else onboard, please heed the advice from the medical staff. By now if you've walked around the ship and spent time on the computer, your germs have been well spread around for others to catch. Trust me - Aruba can be missed.

Hmm 2nd time in a month or so I've heard of noro on the Star. I sure hope it isn't an issue by April 13th!

Hope you feel better quickly too! Have others besides you caught it?

May I asked in which month you heard about noro on the Star? We boarded on February 23rd and disembarked Thursday, March 24th. No sign of any illness at any time. No menus removed. No salt and pepper shakers removed. No bread baskets removed. All was fine.

In fact, the OP might just be sick all unto himself. Any time someone gets sick aboard a ship, it's the ship that always gets blamed for it.

We got off the Star on 9 January after 30+ days, two cruises. No indications of noro then.

Sounds to me like the funny flu that is going around. Lots in our area had it.....including me. Two months after we got off ship so that had nothing to do with it. Started upchucking as soon as I got up, till mid day. Then I could keep water down. Did not try anything but soda crackers. Went to bed, stayed there till the next day. Then was perfectly fine.

Bet you boarded the ship with a bug you did not know you had. Hopefully you will feel better by tomorrow. Stay in, and don't spread it.

May I asked in which month you heard about noro on the Star? We boarded on February 23rd and disembarked Thursday, March 24th. No sign of any illness at any time. No menus removed. No salt and pepper shakers removed. No bread baskets removed. All was fine.

In fact, the OP might just be sick all unto himself. Any time someone gets sick aboard a ship, it's the ship that always gets blamed for it.

we were on the Star 9Feb-23Feb. No norovirus that I was aware.

Noro is a common gastro-intestinal virus that can be picked up anywhere at any time.

You should really notify the Medical Center because whether you self-quarantine or they quarantine you, you shouldn't leave your cabin for at least 24 hours after your last symptom. The Medical Center has shots and medications they can give you to help you feel better fast. Also, you shouldn't expose your cabin steward to your virus; (s)he could unwittingly spread it and you are responsible for that. Not fair to your fellow passengers. Your cabin should be properly cleaned by staff in protective clothing.

The bottom line is that even if you stay in your cabin, you're helping to spread the virus by not reporting it. Not a good idea.

Noro is a common gastro-intestinal virus that can be picked up anywhere at any time.

You should really notify the Medical Center because whether you self-quarantine or they quarantine you, you shouldn't leave your cabin for at least 24 hours after your last symptom. The Medical Center has shots and medications they can give you to help you feel better fast. Also, you shouldn't expose your cabin steward to your virus; (s)he could unwittingly spread it and you are responsible for that. Not fair to your fellow passengers. Your cabin should be properly cleaned by staff in protective clothing.

The bottom line is that even if you stay in your cabin, you're helping to spread the virus by not reporting it. Not a good idea.

Agree totally. Doubt you would be quarantined any longer than you would otherwise quarantine yourself, and both you and your cabin will get the help you need.

My youngest had a 24hr nori-like illness last week, and we haven't cruised or traveled for months.

Archived