Sleep Over!!!!

SingleFatherofDD

DD and I are going on the Carnival Miracle in July. On this cruise we are going with family friends. These family friends have helped me since I adopted DD last February. They have never cruised before and are a little nervous about the whole thing. I have put most of their worries to rest. Luckily we are leaving from a port we can drive to. Their two children are a girl who is 5 years old like my DD and another girl who is 8 months. Both of these children are my godchildren.

What I was thinking about, was letting the older daughter spend the night in my cabin if she wants as a sleepover. The two girls are very inseparable. They will love to be in the kids club together and hang out during the day. I know they will want to spend the night together also. About 2 to 3 times a week the have sleep overs.

My question is has anyone ever traveled with a family friend on a cruise who also took their children with them. Was it and enjoyable time? Also did the children want to have sleepovers in each others rooms? My DD and I will be sharing a inside cabin, should I bring a sleeping bag with me for the other girl or should a twin bed be enough for them to share?

DD doesn't know that her best friend is going with us yet. The other family and I are trying to keep it very quite and surprise the girls. We don't know when will be the best time to surprise them. The only thing DD knows is that we are going on another cruise in July. About a month out I start making towel animals and put them on her bed. She loves to use her white board in her room to count down the days. It has helped with her counting. Anytime I can teach her something I try. Cruising I have noticed is a great way to do this.

Thanks in advance for all of the information you will be able to give me. So far all of the help I have received from this forum really helps traveling with a child.

I'm sure the girls would love to have a sleepover. But, having a ds5 myself, I'm not sure there would be enough room in one bed for the 2 of them. Perhaps one could sleep on the sofa?

Just be careful of too much togetherness. Be watchful of signs that they're getting on each others nerves. If they have sleepovers 2-3 times a week, that's probably not going to happen though.

If you could get a triple or quad cabin, with a bunk or two, on the night of the sleepover, have the steward make up one of the bunks for you. There are no couches in inside cabins on Spirit class ships. And tip him nicely at the end...EM

With the girls having sleep overs so often at home you probably know if DD's best friend is an "active" sleeper. If she doesn't toss and turn in her sleep I don't see a problem with the two girls in one twin bed. Like Mia said, heads at opposite ends of the bed makes a lot more room.

Your DD will love it and I'm sure the girls will have a blast!

Archived