Celebrity Solstice

Details

Owned by: Royal Caribbean Cruises

Launched: November 2008

Tonnage: 122,000

Passengers: 2,850

Cruise Speed: 24 kts

Berlitz Cruising Guide 2011 Rating:

4th Best in the world for quality and service.

What's Included in your Cruise Fare:

Dining

Free Room Service

Main Meals In The Main Dinning Room

International Marketplace Dining (Buffet)

Made-to-order Pasta Station with assorted baked pastas, breads, salad bar and condiments

Two made-to-order Stir-Fry Stations

An authentic made-to-order Curry Station with all the extras such as Raitha, Pappadums and Paratha

Appetizer and Entrée Station including antipasti, cheeses & cold meats; Carving Station; Grilled pork chops, New York steak, chicken breast & fish; two types of fresh vegetables; a Loaded Baked Potato Station; and selection of gourmet sauces including béarnaise and traditional gravies

Two, fresh made-to-order Sushi Station

Made-to-order Pizza Station -open until 12:30 AM- featuring antipasti and fresh garlic bread

Two Dessert Stations with a nightly rotating selection of desserts, one of which is sugar-free

Outdoor Grill

Let your cravings go wild. Order up a pizza of your choice. Grab a burger and fries or pasta dish in a relaxed, poolside environment serving lunch and dinner.

Celebrity Youth & Teen Programs

Toddler Time for children under age 3

Toddler time allows parents and toddlers to interact with other children their age. Staff members provide suitable toys for this age group, including LeapFrog® interactive toys. In accordance with USPH policies and standards, Celebrity has provided each ship with lavatory-based changing tables and baby wipes. Children participating in organized events must be fully potty trained; however, you can accompany your child to any organized activity if they're not.

Fun Factory for ages 3-11

The fun starts here. It's a place designed exclusively for our junior cruisers. Open from 9AM-10PM every day, it's the entertainment centre filled with the latest gaming technology and the hottest titles. Also enjoy crafts, music, karaoke, treasure hunts, theme parties, movies and lots more. An assortment of LeapFrog® interactive toys are available for use in the Fun Factory and can also be checked out for private use.

Teen Entertainment

For young adults, Celebrity offers the ultimate hangout place for teens, featuring social activities, the newest gaming consoles and titles, sports activities, even teens-only late night dances. All supervised. All very cool.

Entertainment

Production Shows: Broadway, Circus, Song and Dance spectaculars

Guest Entertainers featuring Comedians, Singers, Magicians, Jugglers and more

Live Music featuring String Quartets, Jazz Bands, Guitarists and A Cappella performances.

This is going to be a huge change to the older ships that frequent our waters...

Jilly:)

This has been exactly my point all along, no one here is vehemently anti P&O it's just that they have had it too good for too long.

I know that celebrity won't be that cheap but P&O have got to either improve their ships or make their cruises cheaper, simple as.

We have been on a couple of P&O cruises and the staff on their ships and the entertainment have been excellent and I would like to see them introducing some newer ships down here.

Maybe Carnival Spirit is their way of doing it and all their ships will be rebranded who knows.

Either way the Solstice coming here this is fantastic news for all of us that love cruising newer innovative ships.

It's now well on truly on the to do list.

Paul

I have been on this ship for it's inagural cruise and it's sister ships you are going to love it. From the layout to the food it is top notch.

Just dissappointed I am traveling to your waters this Christmas so I will be on the Century and will miss all the special things on the Solstice ships.

This has been exactly my point all along, no one here is vehemently anti P&O it's just that they have had it too good for too long.

I know that celebrity won't be that cheap but P&O have got to either improve their ships or make their cruises cheaper, simple as.

We have been on a couple of P&O cruises and the staff on their ships and the entertainment have been excellent and I would like to see them introducing some newer ships down here.

Maybe Carnival Spirit is their way of doing it and all their ships will be rebranded who knows.

Either way the Solstice coming here this is fantastic news for all of us that love cruising newer innovative ships.

Paul

Paul,

I've been reading with interest the comments on the other post re:the newer ships coming 'down under'. Please let the other posters keep booking P&O, I want to ensure the cabin I've got my eye on for Solstice is still open by the time we get on our next cruise in a couple of weeks:p. Our siblings in Oz can't understand why we're glad we've waited until next year now to come and visit rather than this year - so many better (sorry, don't want to get slammed - should read newer:rolleyes:) ships to choose from!!!!!

Paul,

I've been reading with interest the comments on the other post re:the newer ships coming 'down under'. Please let the other posters keep booking P&O, I want to ensure the cabin I've got my eye on for Solstice is still open by the time we get on our next cruise in a couple of weeks:p. Our siblings in Oz can't understand why we're glad we've waited until next year now to come and visit rather than this year - so many better (sorry, don't want to get slammed - should read newer:rolleyes:) ships to choose from!!!!!

This forum is doing exactly what I hoped it would.

We can now discuss newer and better ships than the P&O fleet without being pilloried by the P&O loving contingent.

I have even had accusations made against me that in one case I abused an individual and their family, all I said was the Pacific Sun was a 25 year old tub that should have been scuppered years ago, (oops I have said it again!)

I have felt at times like the British army at Rourke's drift sometimes and have been so intimidated that I would stop posting here.

This I would imagine has happened with a lot of people as I am seeing now a lot of comments from people I have not noticed before on here. Good on you.

Interestingly enough all my family live in London and we have been on cruises with them from Southampton when we visited them.

I would never never have suggested to them to come and cruise here on the ships that are sailing these waters before, I would have been too embarrassed.

They are used to sailing on the Ventura the Azura and the RCI ships out of Southampton.

Anyway have a great cruise next year

Paul

Paul

Hi Paul,

I have been advocating that point of view for years.I agree with what you say.Im not anti P&O but I only cruise with them for specially occassion cruises EG: birthdays ,anniversarys etc when they are the only ships sailing on those dates .I have always had a great time .They are not my preferred cruise line for the same reasons as you.

Cheers

Col

I have been on this ship for it's inagural cruise and it's sister ships you are going to love it. From the layout to the food it is top notch.

Just dissappointed I am traveling to your waters this Christmas so I will be on the Century and will miss all the special things on the Solstice ships.

Well, you will just have to come back!:D

This forum is doing exactly what I hoped it would.

We can now discuss newer and better ships than the P&O fleet without being pilloried by the P&O loving contingent.

I have even had accusations made against me that in one case I abused an individual and their family, all I said was the Pacific Sun was a 25 year old tub that should have been scuppered years ago, (oops I have said it again!)

I have felt at times like the British army at Rourke's drift sometimes and have been so intimidated that I would stop posting here.

This I would imagine has happened with a lot of people as I am seeing now a lot of comments from people I have not noticed before on here. Good on you.

Interestingly enough all my family live in London and we have been on cruises with them from Southampton when we visited them.

I would never never have suggested to them to come and cruise here on the ships that are sailing these waters before, I would have been too embarrassed.

They are used to sailing on the Ventura the Azura and the RCI ships out of Southampton.

Anyway have a great cruise next year

Paul

Dreamer................

Rourke's Drift? do not embarrass yourself or denigrate those Soldiers.

Could you post my comments that were deleted that would have offended all.

Get a life Paul, you have never considered not posting, you thrive on conflict, In fact you would reply to my comments in the middle of the night.

You should have had the name "Walter Mitty"

You have missed your calling Mate.

Have a good one if you can.

Archived