latest you can board ??

Our taxi fare will be about $150 which is a little bit more than the shuttle would have been, but I'm making up the price difference by not checking any bags! I really needed to pack lighter anyway. :D
One last thing. Be sure to have Carnival's phone # with you just in case. I've been on several cruises where we were delayed by late arriving passengers, the last time because of an auto accident and the ship waited 90 minutes. If your flight is late, I suspect you'll have a lot of company and they will wait a reasonable length of time for you. Just stay in touch with them. I think they have a distress# but I'm not sure, check it out.

Needless to say, Pedro got us to the port at 3:52 and as we were pulling up, you could see the guys attempting to untie the ships ropes from the dock. The porters rushed our luggage for us and we literally ran inside and luckily they had not pulled the gangway yet(probably due to us calling them and letting them know our situation). They rushed us through our check in process and we boarded the ship with only seconds to spare!

It was a little stressful, but hey we made it there alive and once we crossed the gangway and entered the grand atrium, boy were we relieved!

that is what happened to our first cruise- didnt know better to go the day before-- we made it with three minutes to spare-

How long did it take for you to get that stress level back to normal?? it took me until at least Tuesday to really relax

The passenger manifest for the ship has to be in the hands of Customs and Border Patrol no later than one hour prior to sailing. Every cruise line has established 90 minutes as the cut off for the check in process. That means that if your friends can't make it to the cruise terminal by about 2:30 they're out of luck.

Yet they indicate in the Cruise contract "Reservations will be held until 30 minutes before sailaway" ......ken

Yet they indicate in the Cruise contract "Reservations will be held until 30 minutes before sailaway" ......ken

Have been on at least 2 cruises within the past 2 years when we've seen pax walking onto the ship during muster drill. However, Don't see that as a norm.

I think anyone who wants to cut that 90 minute limit is pushing luck.

Dianne

Archived