April 9, 2011 is National Passport Day!

mapsmith

Yep, April 9, 2011 is National Passport Day. Many locations (read Post Offices) will have special areas set up to process applications and even take your pictures. If you have been thinking about getting a Passport, this is probably one of the best times to do so.

Well, by golly gee.......

What a great idea. They are making it as easy as can be.

All you procrastinators, here is your chance to once and for all stop the angyst about whether you have the proper documents and get a Passport.

The irony is that April 9 may be after there is a government shut down...... if, indeed, that happens. :eek:

Will the Passport Office shut down?

Well, by golly gee.......

What a great idea. They are making it as easy as can be.

All you procrastinators, here is your chance to once and for all stop the angyst about whether you have the proper documents and get a Passport.

The irony is that April 9 may be after there is a government shut down...... if, indeed, that happens. :eek:

Will the Passport Office shut down?

You'd actually be surprised at how few areas of the federal government will actually shut down should that be the worst case scenario. Sadly for me I am one of them - but parts of the state department will not. I believe the passport office will close (they did in 95) but it should only be a matter of days (it costs millions to do a shutdown) so it shouldn't be too much of an issue for you time wise.

From an insider standpoint I can tell you that we were worried we would indeed get shutdown before they sent that extension through. It was the first time the bureau I work in had ever had a plan in place for what to do. They aren't planning at all right now so hopefully you won't become an issue either way.

Archived