New to RCCL

Hi All and thanks in advance for any advice you can offer.

My family & I have booked b2b cruises on IOTS in October/Novemberthis year. We have never sailed with RCCL before. We have sailed on Carnival & Costa in the Med in the past.

Can you pleaselet me know do the kids club have a mascot??

Has anyone used the Family Time Dinning option?

Any other little helpful tips would be great.

Thanks again

Cheers for now

D

My family & I have booked b2b cruises on IOTS in October/Novemberthis year. We have never sailed with RCCL before. We have sailed on Carnival & Costa in the Med in the past.

Thanks again

Cheers for now

D

The kids club does not have a mascot.

Hello ... welcome to Royal Caribbean. The kids club uses (or at least last month they did) Inky the Octopus. They give out little "Inkys" and there are some available in the gift shop. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.

If you choose the "My Time Dining" option, please be aware that Royal will automatically add tips to your final payment amount. I believe many families choose this option because it's much more convenient for them. DH and I prefer traditional dining.

Have a good trip and don't forget to come back and tell us about it!

Hello ... welcome to Royal Caribbean. The kids club uses (or at least last month they did) Inky the Octopus. They give out little "Inkys" and there are some available in the gift shop. I'm not sure if that's what you're asking.

If you choose the "My Time Dining" option, please be aware that Royal will automatically add tips to your final payment amount. I believe many families choose this option because it's much more convenient for them. DH and I prefer traditional dining.

Have a good trip and don't forget to come back and tell us about it!

Patty - my kids have been in Adventure Ocean on three cruises on three different RCI ships. I have never seen, or heard mention of, Inky. Do you know, is Inky on all RCI ships?

Thanks again

Cheers for now

D

Hi welcome to cruisecritic and the Royal Caribbean boards. Your kids will love Adventure Ocean; the staff will take such good care of them; actually, depending on their ages; you may not see your kids very often. By selecting my time family dining (I use this when traveling with grandkids), you have the early seating; Royal will feed your children within 30 minutes of arriving in the dining room; then a staff member from Adventure Ocean will come to the dining room; grab all the kids and you and your spouse are free for the rest of the night. Independence is a great ship. You must try the flowrider; ice skating and rock climbing.

Archived