Grand Cayman Time

mph045

Does anyone know when the Crown Princess arrives at Grand Cayman-is it the same time as local?

We arrive at 7am-depart 4pm-December 2011 per Crown Princess schedule

We have a shore excursion for 9am local and wanted to know if we arrive ahead of local time or not.

Thanks

So if our Ship arrives 7am and departs at 4pm-than I should plan this to be local time?

Our tour does not leave until 9am local time-I will allow 30 minutes for tender[leave ship at 8:30am]

Wanted to get breakfast on board before we left and wanted to know if we had time.:p

Thank You!

Our tour does not leave until 9am local time-I will allow 30 minutes for tender[leave ship at 8:30am]

You may need to allow more time for tendering.

There is usually a large number of passengers who want to go to shore, many on Princess tours (which will take up most of the early tenders) and many as you are on indepedent tours.

When your party is ready to go ashore, you must all show up at the announced place to get a numbered tender tickets and then wait in that area until your number is called. If there are many waiting when you get your tender tickets, you would be waiting a while.

Sooner or later the demand for tendering goes down and tickets are no longer needed, but I doubt that will be by 8:30 AM.

Our experience in January was that the ship maintained local time. We had an early breakfast and were in the lounge getting our tickets for the tender by 7:30. We were ashore about 8:15 and had a fair wait for our Capt. Marvin's tour...but we walk around and a few of the shops were open.

Thanks for all of the replies-I do believe the Crown will be on local time-I will plan accordingly and try to secure tender tickets early-our tour leaves at 9am at one of the terminals

Thanks for all of the replies-I do believe the Crown will be on local time-I will plan accordingly and try to secure tender tickets early-our tour leaves at 9am at one of the terminals

Just so that you are aware, they won't issue you with tender tickets unless you and your party are ready to go ashore...in other words there are no advance tender tickets issued.

You may need to allow more time for tendering.

There is usually a large number of passengers who want to go to shore, many on Princess tours (which will take up most of the early tenders) and many as you are on indepedent tours.

When your party is ready to go ashore, you must all show up at the announced place to get a numbered tender tickets and then wait in that area until your number is called. If there are many waiting when you get your tender tickets, you would be waiting a while.

Sooner or later the demand for tendering goes down and tickets are no longer needed, but I doubt that will be by 8:30 AM.

They stopped giving out tender tickets by 10:30 last week. They are on local time. We had to set our clocks back for Grand Cayman and then again for Roatan.

Archived