Westerdam returning to Port Everglades

InletCam

Well, that certainly clears up a little confusion for us. We had watched the Statendam, Westerdam and a Celebrity ship leave from our hotel room window and then, later, as we were having a little walk down by the water taxi stop under the 17th Street bridge we saw a mystery Vista class ship leave.

I could have sworn there were only two HAL ships in port so I was wondering where it could have been hiding all day. As soon as I saw the title to this thread I knew the answer.

Glad you got there ok Sapper - you missed another :eek: storm. Have a wonderful cruise and a great time:)

Sapper, I read your post and was wondering how you could see the ship from your hotel until I saw your signature and realized you are cruising tomorrow. Have a great time.:)

Yes, we are up high with a port view at the Renaissance Marriott.

And yes we are finally cruising tomorrow---thanks for the best wishes.

Glad you got there ok Sapper - you missed another :eek: storm. Have a wonderful cruise and a great time:)

I think we dodged a bullet by leaving three days early. Even then there was a mechanical failure with the plane we were supposed to take from TO to FLL and we waited several hours for a new plane to be serviced. Then there were storms over Florida so, by watching the in seat map we could see that the pilot took us way out over the Gulf of Mexico to circle around them. It was after midnight local time before we got to our hotel room.

Hope your latest snow gift melts quickly and yes, we plan to have a great time. Thanks for the wishes.

Isn't it gorgeous here today? Beautiful weather!

We'll be down by the port tomorrow [but not cruising! :(].

Have a wonderful cruise!

So sad to hear someone had a medical emergency on the Westerdam.

Seeing a ship return to port so soon after it leaves is never a good thing.

Well I'll wave to you as we leave even though you won't see us. Thanks for the wishes.

I hope the person involved in the emergency situation is recovering nicely.

I think we dodged a bullet by leaving three days early. Even then there was a mechanical failure with the plane we were supposed to take from TO to FLL and we waited several hours for a new plane to be serviced. Then there were storms over Florida so, by watching the in seat map we could see that the pilot took us way out over the Gulf of Mexico to circle around them. It was after midnight local time before we got to our hotel room.

Hope your latest snow gift melts quickly and yes, we plan to have a great time. Thanks for the wishes.

I'm so glad your pilot took you way around the terrible thunder and lightening storms we had here on the west coast of Florida. It would not have been a comfortable ride! Enjoy your cruise!

Ricki

Enjoy your cruise sapper1 and have a safe one. Hopefully I can watch your ship leave. I watched all of them leave this afternoon with a sad heart since I was not on one. It is so beautiful watching all the ships leave and everyone waving and especially hearing the ship's horn. Again, enjoy.:)

Archived