Legend Asia Voyages canceled!

We have been offered cruise specials in SEAsia on Legend of the Seas, at price levels rare to be seen in Australia.

However, these cruises are only of short duration, with a number of the port visits, of interest, of short duration.

These cruises would have been attractive to me, if the port calls were of longer duration, as I could have combined a cruise with a pre/post cruise visit to Singapore.

(I feel very sorry for those whose cruises have been cancelled and can't change their vacation times and hope they can make alternative holiday arrangements.)

Before the Legend moved to Asia, the card room was became the concierge lounge (we used it in February, 2008 out of Santo Domingo). I believe they restored the card room to its original purpose for the Asian itineraries. If and when, the ship returns to the US some non-Asian base, we can hope that they will once again add a CL to her. The fact that a CL and DL are due to be added to Splendour during its next drydock gives us some reason to hope that something similar will be done to Legend.:)

We were on the Legend out of Singapore in December and can confirm that the card room was used as a card room and there was no concierge lounge available.

We have been offered cruise specials in SEAsia on Legend of the Seas, at price levels rare to be seen in Australia.

However, these cruises are only of short duration, with a number of the port visits, of interest, of short duration.

These cruises would have been attractive to me, if the port calls were of longer duration, as I could have combined a cruise with a pre/post cruise visit to Singapore.

(I feel very sorry for those whose cruises have been cancelled and can't change their vacation times and hope they can make alternative holiday arrangements.)

This is exactly the issue we faced - we were on the May 24th Legend sailing and just couldn't justify going all that way for what was on offer. We switched to a Med cruise on Brilliance - thankfully we found something that was in a similar time and price range. We're still out the cost of our visas and some airline fees, though. I should point out that I think RCCL's compensation offer was more than fair. I can be disappointed without blaming it on them :)

Thanks for the posting. We cancelled our May 24th Legend cruise several weeks ago and at the time RCC was very uncooperative about refunding our deposit or applying it to another cruise. Ditto their insurance carrier- CSA. Then today- April 7- it all turned around. They said we could use the deposit for another cruise and having read your posting I now understand the 10% extra they credited when we rebooked.

I now have to deal with the airlines. And appreciate knowing the fees might be reimbursed.

We were on the Legend out of Singapore in December and can confirm that the card room was used as a card room and there was no concierge lounge available.

That is a bummer since we probably will be on the ship out of Singapore to Shanghai on one of the few 7 day cruises. We plan to stay in the Royal Suite (have it on hold at the moment)...at least we can get full menu room service and will have a table and chairs where we can legitimately eat.

Even thinking of flying Emirates so we can stop over for a day on the return to show off Dubai to DD and DW. That and pick up more chocolate covered dates with nuts in the center...just not at the airport duty free shop next go around.

That is a bummer since we probably will be on the ship out of Singapore to Shanghai on one of the few 7 day cruises. We plan to stay in the Royal Suite (have it on hold at the moment)...at least we can get full menu room service and will have a table and chairs where we can legitimately eat.

Even thinking of flying Emirates so we can stop over for a day on the return to show off Dubai to DD and DW. That and pick up more chocolate covered dates with nuts in the center...just not at the airport duty free shop next go around.

We really enjoyed the Legend and are looking to do two 5 day cruises back to back (Taiwan and Vietnam) from Hong Kong in November.

We recently had the pleasure of flying to London and back first class on Emirates. What a way to fly!!

Archived