Fantasy from Charleston = unrefined, uncivilized

Gustavas

Just sayin' but this guy must go from forum to forum trying to get a reaction and he has obviously accomplished that here.Just sayin' though.

He got one from me...Best laugh I have had in a while...You have got to be kidding me. I have had some bad things to say about some of my cruises but if any of them were as bad as old Gus makes it out to be I don't think I would still be cruising.

My 1st thought as I was reading this was OMG I know this man...then I remembered that, no the person who I know has been on a Carnival cruise and actually liked it. However this person was just as snobby about real life stuff. I had to stop being around him, since I just couldn’t live up to HIS standards. I didn’t eat the in "right" restaurants, shop in the "right" stores, live in the "right" zip code, work in the "right" field or drive the "right" car. Unfortunately for me, I chose to eat, shop, live, work and drive what and where I pleased. He was a nice person if you could get past all the complaining he would do about what wasn’t correct. I figured out that he was just a very unhappy person and I didn’t want to be like him or spend my time with him. Funny thing is I still don’t know why he even deigned to speak with me to start with.

The OP sounds like a very un happy person. I wish him the best. I will be on whatever Carnival ship I can afford having the time of my life..while he sits somewhere all alone wondering why no one wants to be around him.

My 1st thought as I was reading this was OMG I know this man...then I remembered that, no the person who I know has been on a Carnival cruise and actually liked it. However this person was just as snobby about real life stuff. I had to stop being around him, since I just couldn’t live up to HIS standards. I didn’t eat the in "right" restaurants, shop in the "right" stores, live in the "right" zip code, work in the "right" field or drive the "right" car. Unfortunately for me, I chose to eat, shop, live, work and drive what and where I pleased. He was a nice person if you could get past all the complaining he would do about what wasn’t correct. I figured out that he was just a very unhappy person and I didn’t want to be like him or spend my time with him. Funny thing is I still don’t know why he even deigned to speak with me to start with.

The OP sounds like a very un happy person. I wish him the best. I will be on whatever Carnival ship I can afford having the time of my life..while he sits somewhere all alone wondering why no one wants to be around him.

Agree

So after some searching i found pictures of the OP on his yachts and at home as well!!

HAHAHAHAHA please come clean up my monitor(just kidding) almost lost my soda I was laughing so hard! I agree I think that was him on the fantasy :) great pics you made my day!:D:D:D:D FYI hasent anyone noticed how half the comments dissapeared????

Better luck next time. I had always wanted to try a cruise on Celebrity, but if you are typical of their passenger profile, I think I'll pass.

Unless you can guarantee me that you won't be on my cruise.

No worries, most everyone I met on the Celebrity cruise I took was friendly and down to earth. Nothing like this pompous and self important man. Met a lovely couple on the roll call, we went on 2 excursions together and are still in touch. Manners are manners, no matter what cruise line you are on or how expensive the clothes on your back.

You seem like you would be a delight to be around, so I can't imagine why the service wasn't up to your standards.

Please be sure to post your next cruise line of choice, so I can be absolutely sure to book with someone else.

Good Lord....could you imagine being placed at the same dining table as him?? It was his fellow diners that lost the bet! :eek:

Note to self to buy a package of fake tattoos, some magnetic piercings, and a marker to blacken out my teeth just in case I do get seated next to Gustavas' twin. :D

Since when do tattoos and piercings indicate "class"? that was the part of his review that offended me the most I think

HAHAHAHAHA please come clean up my monitor(just kidding) almost lost my soda I was laughing so hard! I agree I think that was him on the fantasy :) great pics you made my day!:D:D:D:D FYI hasent anyone noticed how half the comments dissapeared????

Yes, many many of the comments have disappeared. I guess it's ok for the OP to speak of Carnival Cruisers in the way he did (woman large as buicks, thug types with doo rags, etc.) but it's not ok for us to comment back. His comments were WAY MORE offensive. I'm surprised CC left this review up. It's one thing to be critical of a line, but to intentionally be disrespectful to the fellow posters on this board? That's more cause for deletion.

I guess this is a good place to respond. Someone linked one other of his reviews, and if he is to be believed, he spent a thousand dollars US in a single night in one hotel stay in Barcelona. I am not going to take the trouble to look on-line to see if said hotel has indeed those kinds of suite rates, but I am pretty sure they do. It included a night out at a restaurant by Mercedes car service.

Personally, I think that the culture shock would be JUST as extreme if some of the people posting here (not all) were suddenly thrust into HIS world of Chopin, wealthy and cultured and well traveled fellow passengers and all the perks that having a lot of disposable income place at your disposal.

I have only one Carnival cruise, and I delayed a long time before booking it because I tend to be a quiet, solitary person who does not drink much. The reputed ambiance of Carnival did not bode well, compatability-wise.

Being wealthy doesn't automatically make one cultured.

Cultured people do not insult, degrade, abuse, mock, sneer and ridicule others.

Yes, many many of the comments have disappeared. I guess it's ok for the OP to speak of Carnival Cruisers in the way he did (woman large as buicks, thug types with doo rags, etc.) but it's not ok for us to comment back. His comments were WAY MORE offensive. I'm surprised CC left this review up. It's one thing to be critical of a line, but to intentionally be disrespectful to the fellow posters on this board? That's more cause for deletion.

Interesting. I see they pulled the post I made quoting his problems on an Oceania cruise. Look into his previous posts and many reviews. He complains that carnival tries to sell photos, but then he complains when Oceania didn't have a staff photographer. Perhaps he expects the photos for free.

Interesting. I see they pulled the post I made quoting his problems on an Oceania cruise. Look into his previous posts and many reviews. He complains that carnival tries to sell photos, but then he complains when Oceania didn't have a staff photographer. Perhaps he expects the photos for free.

I suspect he's just one of those people who will never be happy and will always look for something to complain about.

I Agree!!!!!!

TPTB took out 2 of my posts because they were a little off topic (answering a question about my avatar) and even said "back to topic", but they keep the rest of the thread going and let Gus keep posting his negative posts with no harm to him.

Different strokes for different folks.......he didn't like it.....so what:confused:

It wasn't so much that he didn't like it. It was how he worded it, and the complete disrespect for fellow posters on this board. Some of his comments were completely out of line!

pixel.gif

FELLOW PASSENGERS

Yes, it is Carnival and it is a "Fun Ship" only if this is one's idea of fun. Clearly it attracts the very rowdy, the wild, the uncivilized, the loud mouthed and tacky, the common, the foul mouthed, the buffet gluttons, the meat and three crowds, the uneducated, the untraveled and the ultra-budget vacationer. I saw families of four crammed into rooms that were the size of my bedroom closet. Most passengers looked like they shopped at either Ghetto-Fabulous or Bubba's Second Hand-Me-Down store. There were tattooed people galore; many with offensive body piercings. There were loads of thug-types wearing do-rags with sagging pants. Then there was the buffet crowd. Some half naked women were the size of Buicks and proud of it. Their significant others looked like they just got out of the county jail that morning. They had the nerve to be arrogant and abusive. Some of the most uncouth passengers I have ever seen at sea and I've been cruising the world since 1976. A ship employee told me the previous week was far worse. I can't imagine.

I RESPECT your opinion on the review of the ship and Carnival as a corporation.

But, when you start to generalize and group people [passengers] then I have a problem.

I only travel Carnival and by your definition you are saying I'm

"uneducated, untraveled" and not worthy of your praises because I have tattoos?

I am actually very well educated, despite being a Carnival cruiser, with two English degrees and pursuing a master's degree in English Education. I have also traveled the world and I have tattoos.

Please don't generalize/stereotype. :mad:

Whatever, I'd rather not associate with the likes of you anyways.

It wasn't so much that he didn't like it. It was how he worded it, and the complete disrespect for fellow posters on this board. Some of his comments were completely out of line!

Which is why it should just be ignored...all the irate responses just keep him alive.

Has the most holier than thou cruiser even been back yet - he is just sitting back laughing at the pot he got stirring. He certainly is allowed his opinion just like we all are but he was just arrogant, rude and showed his true colours. I just check back on once in awhile to see if he deigns us with his presence.

Which is why it should just be ignored...all the irate responses just keep him alive.

Very true. I'm sure all these responses put a smile on his face. Sad to think that berating people could put a smile on one's face.

Archived