Funny Advice I got from a Jewel review

A1SusieQ

I always read the current member reviews for each ship I am about to travel on. Today, I got some great advice from the most recent Jewel review. ;)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80780

Quote from the review: "GSC: Stayed on the ship and relaxed at the pool. There are not enough shady spots by the pool so if you want one, get up early and put a towel and book to reserve."

Hold on to your hat SusieQ, this quote could make for a bumpy ride.

Quote from the review: "GSC: Stayed on the ship and relaxed at the pool. There are not enough shady spots by the pool so if you want one, get up early and put a towel and book to reserve."

I always read the current member reviews for each ship I am about to travel on. Today, I got some great advice from the most recent Jewel review. ;)

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=80780

Hey i remember this guy from my last cruise.. What he didnt finish telling you is when he finally made it back to the pool area to claim his chair and book.. I was sitting there.. reading his book.. He was very suprised said " hey thats my towel" I said how do you know?? as i searched for a name on the towel.. Theres over 2k people on this ship and we all have the same blue and white towel... how do you know this one is yours.. Than he said what about my book.. "oh sorry i ran out of toilet paper in my cabin.. been havn a little stomach problem this week and well theres a few pages left do you want it back??

Some of your theories are not correct.

If you read the full review, the OP gives an outstanding review of the Jewel on all levels. I think this line was taken way out of context of a full review. The OP is stating this when the pool is empty and most of the ship is at Great Stirrup Cay, NOT on a sea day.

I disagree the review line is trying to stir trouble. It is the OP of this thread that could be guilty of that ;)

Some of your theories are not correct.

If you read the full review, the OP gives an outstanding review of the Jewel on all levels. I think this line was taken way out of context of a full review. The OP is stating this when the pool is empty and most of the ship is at Great Stirrup Cay, NOT on a sea day.

I disagree the review line is trying to stir trouble. It is the OP of this thread that could be guilty of that ;)

Yea, somebody is stirring the pot. still it is wrong to "reserve" a chair with a towel and book. Sit in the chair and it is yours.

Hey i remember this guy from my last cruise.. What he didnt finish telling you is when he finally made it back to the pool area to claim his chair and book.. I was sitting there.. reading his book.. He was very suprised said " hey thats my towel" I said how do you know?? as i searched for a name on the towel.. Theres over 2k people on this ship and we all have the same blue and white towel... how do you know this one is yours.. Than he said what about my book.. "oh sorry i ran out of toilet paper in my cabin.. been havn a little stomach problem this week and well theres a few pages left do you want it back??

Sweet!!! :)

Since the OP titled her post as "funny" I think she was trying to give us all a laugh. Good one! :p

I full diaper...that would definitely keep me away from your chair! LOL!

Thanks for getting the joke. Chair hogs really do bother me and for someone (A CC member to boot) to post a review recomending how to get a lounge chair made me chuckle. I thought I would share my shock with others. :)

Not for a few weeks. Knock on wood!!

PE

Don't worry, I always have extra room in my hand basket.:D

Back to the subject at hand. The one thing I don't like about those types of reviews is people can say any kind of wrong or outrageous stuff and it's there for people who don't know any better to read and believe.

A thousand apologies for making this grievous error on my review! It was only due to the lack of shade on this ship that I saved a chair for an hour! We were always happy to give it up as soon as we left and sought out people looking for chairs to make up for it! I stand humbled and yes, it was a port day!

Archived