Tallin, Estonia - The Singing Revolution

Just rented the movie "The Singing Revolution" for $2.99 on the Amazon Web site. You can watch it directly from your computer or have it sent to your TEVO device. After purchase and clicking on the link you have 7 days to view it as many times as you want (a month if you choose to wait to click the link for viewing).

This is a FANTASTIC movie (we will be viewing it AGAIN tonight!) and will give you a great insight into the 1991 campaign for freedom and autonomy from the Soviet Union that the citizens of the tiny state of Estonia accomplished - in great part through singing. No video stores or the public library in my town had this movie available so I was delighted to find it available for an easy rental (with no driving required!) on Amazon! If you are planning a port stop or visit to Estonia watching this well-made film is a GREAT way to start!

Just rented the movie "The Singing Revolution" for $2.99 on the Amazon Web site. You can watch it directly from your computer or have it sent to your TEVO device. After purchase and clicking on the link you have 7 days to view it as many times as you want (a month if you choose to wait to click the link for viewing).

This is a FANTASTIC movie (we will be viewing it AGAIN tonight!) and will give you a great insight into the 1991 campaign for freedom and autonomy from the Soviet Union that the citizens of the tiny state of Estonia accomplished - in great part through singing. No video stores or the public library in my town had this movie available so I was delighted to find it available for an easy rental (with no driving required!) on Amazon! If you are planning a port stop or visit to Estonia watching this well-made film is a GREAT way to start!

If your local library doesn't have it, ask them to get it and they most likely will. Mine did.

I agree, we watched it about a month ago, very inspiring. We will be stopping in Tallinn in June.

Kirk

Be sure to mention to some of the local people that you saw the movie. They will give you a big smile in return (unless they are from Russian decent).

We had an interesting discussion about this with a couple younsters near the main square. They generally speak perfect English. They assured us that they go to the annual singing festival with thousands of Estonians from the whole country. Take a look at the follow Youtube:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived