Accessorizing Help Wanted

I thought I would start this thread for all of us that are accessory challenged to ask for help.

I have purchased this gown for our upcoming cruise(s) and can't decide what accessories to wear with it.

In the picture the model isn't wearing a necklace, bur I feel I want something to fill in my bare chest area. What do you think? I was thinking of a bold statement necklace with smaller earrings. I am a tall, large gal, so nothing too dainty. I also have short hair, if that makes a difference. What do you think?

estrella-front1-1.jpg.75d7f915108c4b993b0fc8d00526369c.jpg

I thought I would start this thread for all of us that are accessory challenged to ask for help.

I have purchased this gown for our upcoming cruise(s) and can't decide what accessories to wear with it.

In the picture the model isn't wearing a necklace, bur I feel I want something to fill in my bare chest area. What do you think? I was thinking of a bold statement necklace with smaller earrings. I am a tall, large gal, so nothing too dainty. I also have short hair, if that makes a difference. What do you think?

Your dress is lovely! I would wear only large earings, especially because you have short hair! Either chandelier type, large round w/ clear stones.. Definitely in Silver. Don't distract from your gown!

Have a wonderful time!

Thank you so much for starting this thread! I too am accessoery challenged!:(

Your dress is gorgeous!!! For what it's worth, I would wear dramatic earrings. If you really feel the need for a necklace, keep it simple.

I hope this thread catches on so that we can learn a lot!:D

I agree with all of the other posts. That neckline has a lot going on so I wouldn't wear a necklace of any kind. It's a beautiful dress. I would wear extra large earrings, like either dangly chandeliers or oversized thin sparkly hoops, and a huge cocktail ring on the index finger of my right hand. You will look stunning.

i would wear good size dangle earrings maybe in a crystal/diamond or even silver with coordinating color and i ALWAYS have to have a necklace so something coordinating with earrings but not to bold, also a bracelet--i am a Jewelry-holic so i have to have "everything" covered down to an ankle bracelet too...i dont get the chance at home to dress-up so on a cruise i go all out planning the outfits with the jewelry!!

your dress is LOVELY and you will look BEAUTIFUL in it!!

ENJOY!!

HI: You are very much on the perfect track !!!:) The dangle teardrop with the black leaf and that wonderful large bracelet with the black are the 2 perfect accessories.:D I would not look further! The black will 'honor' the dress, as well as the bracelet. (Probably on your right wrist). If you wear rings, silver/white gold would be my choice. No watch, however...If you ever follow the celebs, they never wear a wristwatch or watch of any kind. It detracts...

You will be amazing!

Have a great cruise. post pictures if you can when you're all dressed up.

Safe sails.

HI: You are very much on the perfect track !!!:) The dangle teardrop with the black leaf and that wonderful large bracelet with the black are the 2 perfect accessories.:D I would not look further! The black will 'honor' the dress, as well as the bracelet. (Probably on your right wrist). If you wear rings, silver/white gold would be my choice. No watch, however...If you ever follow the celebs, they never wear a wristwatch or watch of any kind. It detracts...

You will be amazing!

Have a great cruise. post pictures if you can when you're all dressed up.

Safe sails.

Looked at all the listings, and I agree!! Would love to see photos if you can! Have a WONDERFUL cruise!!!

love the dress! you stated you were tall and large. Lane Bryant makes some great jewelry for the tall and large set. And often it's buy one, get one half off.

I am all about accesories and bling so I say, rock it out girl! ;-)

I love the plain neck look...maybe long, dangle earrings as only accessory.

I agree with "no necklace", but if I was wearing it I would stay away from huge earrings and maybe go with something a little more simple and elegant for the ears, then wear a bracelet and carry a cute bag. Simplicity always looks more elegant!

To add to your beautiful dress I would have the accessories in silver with some purple as I noticed the dress has a purple sash. I like the look of a necklace that has a simple chain with some stones or something hanging down from it. Your earrings and ring could have some purple stones and that would tie everything together. I always like many different sized bangles.

I am sure whatever you decide on it will look great with your dress.

Just want to add my experience with bracelets like that. Costume jewelry is not made to be smooth, otherwise it would cost a small fortune. I've had a bracelet with detail like that and it ruined the dress I wore it with, kept catching and snagging. I took the bracelet off after the second snag, but it was too late, I haven't worn the dress since...it's all I think of when I put it on.

Ever since then I purchase bracelets that are smooth to the touch. Store clerks may think I'm odd (don't care) but I stand there and feel the entire bracelet all around, looking for anything that may catch or snag.

It looks like the dress has a lace overlay? I can just see the bracelet catching on the lace every time you put your hand in your lap or walk with your hands at your side. I'm just not the type who wants to be conscious of every little move I make all night long, I want to be comfortable and confidant and not worry about stuff like that.

• 2 weeks later...

are s fresh approach to basic black attire. Now popularly set in dark metals. A little stones here n there...If you are of ample size..like me, I'm alll over large ER's!..or a HUGE neck piece..I make alot of mine..some weigh about 1/2 #..with all the beads ect that are encrusted on them..simple dangle ER to show a presence....great dress BTW

That is a stunning dress! I agree that a necklace is not needed with the great neckline of the dress. I also love the black earrings and bracelet you found. I think it would look great to bring out the purple with a small satin clutch in that color.

Archived