Grand/crown princess

cruise6932

Has anyone been on both of these ships?

If so could you tell me some of the differences.

Also is there any difference in the main dinning room?

Thanks

I'll Start

1 less deck on Grand

No Skywalkers anymore and no Café Caribe on Grand

Crown much newer.

Has anyone been on both of these ships?

If so could you tell me some of the differences.

Also is there any difference in the main dinning room?

Thanks

Since Grand is now drydocked, the differences are changing. There is no difference in the main diningrooms.

Grand is in drydock getting a very major redo. She will have most of the venues that the Crown has (and one or two that Crown does not have),

one less deck of passenger cabins, and Skywalker's is being removed and being replaced with an aft lounge on deck 15 very much like the Skywalker's on the Emerald and Ruby. When she comes out of drydock, comparing the age of the Grand v. the Crown is not going to have much meaning in terms of Grand being the older of the two.

We have sailed both of these ladies a few times, and frankly, I would let the itinerary dictate your choice between the two, given the changes taking place on the Grand right now.

Another difference is the Grand has a pool area that is covered, or can be covered with a dome, and the Crown/Emerald/Ruby do not. That also made them install MUTS on the forward pool of the Grand, whereas it is on the middle pool of the Crown/Emerald/Ruby. Not a major difference overall, but it is a difference.

Does anyone know of the dry dock will affect the covered pool and/or the location of MUTS on the Grand?

Mike

Unless it gets changed, the library on the Grand was better. The Crown has a nicer internet cafe. Also, on the Grand, no restrooms by the traditional dining room. Fewer passengers on the Grand but you really don't notice the difference between either ship. The Crown did not seem crowded when we were on it during spring break when it was full.

Archived