Pacific Pearl - A Diary/Review of our 10 night NZ cruise

Riffraff

Thank you so much Riffraff, that has to be one of the very best reviews I have ever read. I read a review a day or two after we paid the balance of our P118 cruise and thought I had made a dreadful error of judgement. You have most definitely restored the excitement. The degustation dinner sounds so very good. I think that will be a priority for us, like you I am not such a seafood guru but I know my husband would love it. $75 a head actually sounds pretty fair for what you got for your money, knowing what is normally charged for photographs. It must have made you feel so special and I daresay you will live on the memory of that food for more days to come :-)

Your review was so well balanced and your comings and goings so interesting I am looking forward to joining the ship on the 15th May. Just hope the noro has buggered off some place else, we had it on the Statendam when we went to Alaska a few years back.

Once again a HUGE BIG THANK YOU

Hi, glad I was able to restore your excitement! I think some of the early reviews were picking up teething problems. Yes the Chef's Table will be a special memory from that cruise - next time we cruise we'll hopefully get to do it together!

It is good value, considering the photos themselves would have been about $30 worth, plus the champagne, all that wine, and the food!

Hope you have a great cruise, i'd say the noro will be gone by now hopefully :)

• 2 weeks later...
Yes, that sounds like the same Sastro - always happy and smiling, he was great. He looked after the cabins around our one, we were in 10182.

Hi there, we cruised on Pearl couple weeks ago. I remembered your cabin number so when we onboard we set off to find Sastro. We found him and he remembered our names, the kids were so excited and we got a few pics with him etc... so thanks again.. Fiona..

P.S We loved the Pearl, miss her already.. lol :p It was hard to explain as she wasnt the biggest or flashiest ship we have been on but of all our cruises, that was our favourite, best ship.. Fiona:)

We are the Pearl 15th May too- hope this rotten weather calms down before we sail out! Where are you from? We are in Auckland

and Hi back Youngjude

Yes, I am from Auckland, I was actually born here :)

If you sail out of Auckland you can usually count on rough weather one way or the other. Either going or coming. Maybe the big storm will see us set for the next few weeks.

If you use Facebook, take a look over there, more people showing up for our particular cruise.

Cheers Val

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm so glad I found your post. Your diary was a great idea. I am so glad your comments on the food have been so positive, I had started to wonder what I had gotten myself in for with all the negative feedback I'd read. I am cruising with my family on the Pearl in November and hope all the teething problems are resolved by then. Thank you

I'm so glad I found your post. Your diary was a great idea. I am so glad your comments on the food have been so positive, I had started to wonder what I had gotten myself in for with all the negative feedback I'd read. I am cruising with my family on the Pearl in November and hope all the teething problems are resolved by then. Thank you

Hi, I'm glad you enjoyed the diary. I'm sure you'll have a great cruise, friends have just got back from their 2nd cruise on Pearl and they had similar comments to ours - spacious, no trouble finding tables in the buffet, good food, etc. By November everything should be running smoothly - have a great cruise!

Archived