Letter from Cruise Director

Does everyone get a personal letter from the Cruise Director of the ship saying that if they need anything not to hesitate to ask him?

I contacted John Heald regarding my parents 20th anniversary asking him to do what he could for them and if he couldn't no big deal. Yesterday I talked to my dad after he got in his cabin and they had a personal letter from Steve saying the above.

My parents have been on 2 Carnival cruise's, this will be their third, and they do not remember getting this letter in the past. Is this John's little something for them? I am not complaining at all, I think it is very cool. I was just wondering.

So, not really wanting to get something for nothing, but are they going to "test the letter"? ask for something strange to see if it works. Maybe a last minute Steakhouse reservation?

Okay, Jimbo, but only if you guys are strong vocalists, and can sing parts. <GRIN>

We actually have been traveling around singing on cruise ships accapelo (don't let the fact that I can't even spell it be any indication on whether it is true or not:cool:). We happen to be on the Liberty for your sailing....;)

On a more serious note, you may want to contact the CD on the ship (it is someone new for our sailing). In the past (and I assume she will continue this) to have a morning show and can reach out to the two of you.

Christi, I'm thinking your correct it's because you had asked John to do a little something and all his requests go through the CD on board the ship. I've been on 20 Carnival Cruises and never received a letter like that from a cd. OH and if you happen to talk or communicate with them again tell them to MAKE SURE they attend the Country Show in the main lounge where Steve plays his fiddle. It it totally amazing and a GREAT Show!

Because I said they didn't remember the letter in the past? Shoot my dad can't remember what happened yesterday, haha.

Are you talking about me now? :confused:

I do remember our previous cruises, and even on our anniversary cruise we didn't get anything like that. So, taking up the entitlement mode of so many people today (like the folks who want compensation bewcause they got back to port late due to fog), do we get something like OBCs for life?;)

It has been verified that it actually came from the HOTEL DIRECTOR. Now if it was JH or not remains to be known, but he did so many other wonderful things for them it doesn't matter.

I just thought I would let you all know. I can scan it if anyone would like to see it, but it really just says that if they need anything to let him know.

just to throw in my two cents worth...I think the people at Carnival do an amazing job acknowledging any important event, date, what have you. This past February, we were on the Liberty (our first family cruise) and my son happened to be celebrating his 14th birthday while we were there. We ran into Todd W, CD on the Liberty, and when he asked us how we were enjoying ourselves, we mentioned that it was our son's 14th bd and what an amazing time he was having! Todd told my son that he would be sure to 'send a little something to his cabin'. My son was very excited about that!!! However, the day came and went and no 'surprise' from Todd :( HOWEVER!!! Two days later...we ran into Todd once again, and said "There you are!!! I have been looking everywhere for you!! I mentioned your birthday on the morning show, and asked you to find me"! We were off the ship that day, and did not see that show. Seems Todd forgot our cabin #...and later that afternoon, a very large bag of gifts arrived in our cabin, along with a very nice note from Todd and Kevin! It made my sons day...he even got a Ship on A Stick!!!!! That I think is going above and beyond! Thanks again Todd!!!!!!!!!!!

I have found that lots of people celebrate special occasions on cruises, so to expect something special be done for each...? With that being said, I do think it speaks well of Carnival's customer care that they do acknowledge such celebrations when brought to their attention. IMHO, I say if you're celebrating, you take the initiative to make it special for you and your travel companions.

However, we have been very fortunate on our cruises to get special treatment out of the blue. My son was given a private tour of the bridge by the captain and CD because when I went to sign us up for the behind the scenes tour and my son was only 10, they refused to let him go. The CD was nearby, questioned why he wouldn't be allowed with a parent, didn't like the answer she got, so later we had a letter inviting us on a private tour.

On another cruise, again out of the blue, a picture of the ship, autographed by the captain was hand delivered to my son. He wasn't in the cabin at the time and I was told the captain had given instructions for this be hand delivered to my son, so he didn't leave it, just came back later when son was there.

Two other cruises and two other really cool things the CD made happen for my son. Now my daughter, she just seems to be a regular traveler, but she's not much for special attention anyway.

Archived