Letter from Cruise Director

Does everyone get a personal letter from the Cruise Director of the ship saying that if they need anything not to hesitate to ask him?

I contacted John Heald regarding my parents 20th anniversary asking him to do what he could for them and if he couldn't no big deal. Yesterday I talked to my dad after he got in his cabin and they had a personal letter from Steve saying the above.

My parents have been on 2 Carnival cruise's, this will be their third, and they do not remember getting this letter in the past. Is this John's little something for them? I am not complaining at all, I think it is very cool. I was just wondering.

We got a note from Butch on our cruise on the Dream this past January. But, it wasn't waiting on us when we arrived. It was delivered later in the cruise, after I'd spoken to him at one of the activities.

I'd say that the letter your parents recieved is some of what John did in answer to your email. I hope your parents have a wonderful cruise!

yes. the new protocol is to skip the chain of command and go directly to john heald and ask for anything you want. he spends 6 hours a day taking care of all these requests, in addition to his cd duties.

he must be so pleased trying to please everyone. he says he is. it will soon be 12 hours a day when hos fan base goes from 10000 to 20000.

people like to line up for the free stuff.

Maybe I'm confused.....how did they answer their own question?

The OP mentioned she sent a message to John Heald. John Heald contacted Steve. Steve sent them a note. I think the OP's assumption about this being the little thing John did for them was correct.

No, everyone does not get such a letter. They are usually only received when someone has interacted with, corresponded with or someone has intervened on the behalf of the passenger/s with someone on the ship or corporate office.

It's not always the cruise director either. We have received letters, fruit baskets and wine from the hotel director and a couple VPs at corporate, never the cruise director. It was not us who corresponded with any of these people and John Heald was never involved in any of the correspondence. This sort of thing went on long before John Heald came into the picture.

Our cruise (LEAVING THIS FRIDAY! WOO-HOO!) will be in celebration of our 15th anniversary, and I have checked that box in the cruise manager interface and let my PVP know about it, but haven't really gotten any acknowledgment from anyone. I'm not in it for anything free, at least not a bottle of wine or anything (we don't drink - I know, why are we on a cruise? :D), but would be appreciative of any little token that would help us commemorate our anniversary. Don't know who else to let know of this. Any thoughts?

Our cruise (LEAVING THIS FRIDAY! WOO-HOO!) will be in celebration of our 15th anniversary, and I have checked that box in the cruise manager interface and let my PVP know about it, but haven't really gotten any acknowledgment from anyone. I'm not in it for anything free, at least not a bottle of wine or anything (we don't drink - I know, why are we on a cruise? :D), but would be appreciative of any little token that would help us commemorate our anniversary. Don't know who else to let know of this. Any thoughts?

Steakhouse dinner!

Why don't you order something from Bon Voyage yourself? If one person is suprised, it still counts :D

Im for doing it yourself and making it special. If you tell your waiter, they will sing hoppy anniversary to your wife with a candle in a dessert.

Im for doing it yourself and making it special. If you tell your waiter, they will sing hoppy anniversary to your wife with a candle in a dessert.

Good idea, Bob we can have the entire CC roll call group do it for you as well;):)

We got a note from Butch on our cruise on the Dream this past January. But, it wasn't waiting on us when we arrived. It was delivered later in the cruise, after I'd spoken to him at one of the activities.

I'd say that the letter your parents recieved is some of what John did in answer to your email. I hope your parents have a wonderful cruise!

I got a letter from Butch and a call from the Purser after a conversation with Buthc on the Dream last year as well. For all the Carnival bashers out there, there is a reason why so many of us are loyal. I tried the other lines, and Carnival has me.

I received a letter, chocolate covered strawberries, and champagne from Stephanie on the Inspiration. When I was eating lunch on board, I commented on John's wall saying something along the lines of "Eating lunch on the beautiful Carnival Inspiration. Bon Voyage!". The letter she sent thanked me for saying such kind words about the ship.

yes. the new protocol is to skip the chain of command and go directly to john heald and ask for anything you want. he spends 6 hours a day taking care of all these requests, in addition to his cd duties.

he must be so pleased trying to please everyone. he says he is. it will soon be 12 hours a day when hos fan base goes from 10000 to 20000.

I was thinking the same thing! and then I thought that he might need an assistant to fill all those requests. :D

After 27 cruises we never got a letter from a CD. We also never asked for anything either. It looks like you get one if you ask for something from JH or asked the CD a question. We feel lucky they still do the perks for being Platinum.

He encourages people to do this so it is what he wants.

Archived