Grand Cayman Bars/Beach Bars/Swim up Bars

KrisMusc313

Within walking distance, it's just going to be Margaritaville or the Hard Rock Cafe.

Within a short taxi ride, the most common beaches with bars are Royal Palms/Reef Grill, Sea Grape/Calico Jacks, and Tiki Beach.

Rackams near the pier is a fun, outdoor bar/restaurant with great conch fritters and the Cay-brew beer is good. Booze is highly taxed in GC, so expect to be shocked by your bar bill. :eek:

We've been to GC a number of times and we DO like to party. This past trip we decided to snorkel at the Sunset House Dive Resort just South of town (within walking distance or a short cab ride there). We snorkeled and it was great, but the best part of the day was sitting on their awesome waterfront patio (giant palapa covered bar) and eating and drinking cold beer and cocktails all afternoon. I think we each (my husband and I) had two appetizers (4 total) of things like Conch frittes and such, and we probably had 6 beers each throughout the day and our bill was something like $58 US total. It was awesome. We went to Margaritavile before getting back on the ship and I think we spent the same amount in about a half hour. We Love Margaritaville and it can be a ton of fun in the afternoons when ships are in, BUT you can go broke spending too much time there. Try the awesome delicious and comparatively cheap Sunset House Resort.

• 2 weeks later...

There is a little restaurant/bar with a green roof just before you get to Eden Rock dive shop. We enjoyed a few cold Cay Brews there, along with nice lunch. It wasn't expensive and we enjoyed watching the waves from a forming hurricane crash into the deck. Can't remember the name of the place though.

100_2187-1.jpg

There is a little restaurant/bar with a green roof just before you get to Eden Rock dive shop. We enjoyed a few cold Cay Brews there, along with nice lunch. It wasn't expensive and we enjoyed watching the waves from a forming hurricane crash into the deck. Can't remember the name of the place though.

100_2187-1.jpg

That view is exactly what I'm looking for...

That view is exactly what I'm looking for...

It's Paradise Restaurant...nice place, good food, great views. It's got a good deck area for the land-bound half of a party to relax and have a drink while the water-addict half of the party is snorkelling below the railing in the photo... :D

Archived