Hotels by Disney World and Downtown

handful4mom

Hi all you fellow cruisers!

Can someone please help me out??? I'm trying to figure out where to stay for two nights before our FOS cruise in June by Disney. We are leaning towards Hyatt Cypress, Hilton Buena Vista by Downtown Disney, Doubletree and Sheraton Vistana. Has anyone stayed at any of these? We have two kids who are 12 and 14 and figure we will be mostly hanging out at Disney and Disney Hollywood plus Downtown Disney. We will have a car since we will drop it at the port. Is it worth staying at the Hilton for the early/late entrance into the park at Disney? Let me know what you all have done before...they all have shuttles to the parks too, except for the Sheraton.

Thanks!;)

I've stayed at the Doubletree - it is very nice; but if I was going to spend more than a day at WDW I would opt to stay at one of the Disney properties instead of outside the park. Good luck! :)

Why not stay at one of the Value Resorts or one of their other resorts at Disney? Check out the prices on the Disney site. Presently Disney is having a Special Offer for room only from May 29-August 13 then you can add tickets, dining. You can get a package with resort, tickets and dining with free transportation (Magic Express) to/from airport/hotel, free transportation to the parks. Disney parking is $12/day.

I would check to see if the hotels you quoted get the early/late admission to the parks. it might be only for the Disney resorts.

Agree 100% with John...if you have limited time at Disney, and plan to be at the parks alot then stay at one of the Disney properties. The kids will love it, the transportation is much better and more frequent and much more convenient. Then you also get the benefit of the early or late hours for Disney resort guests.

We have only stayed at a Disney property once, and now opt to stay in Downtown Disney. We have also stayed outside Disney we we decided to extend our trip by a couple of days. Since your only there for two nights, and I assume you're trying to get the most out of those two days, I would opt for a Disney property also, or the hotel closest to the Downtown area. It's nothing like parking the car, and walking to our destination or using the shuttles or Disney transportation.

We have only stayed at a Disney property once, and now opt to stay in Downtown Disney. We have also stayed outside Disney we we decided to extend our trip by a couple of days. Since your only there for two nights, and I assume you're trying to get the most out of those two days, I would opt for a Disney property also, or the hotel closest to the Downtown area. It's nothing like parking the car, and walking to our destination or using the shuttles or Disney transportation.

The Hilton is right next to downtown Disney and is the only non-disney hotel that offers the early/late entrance into the parks. I guess I was looking to see if that was a better bet for us. We live in Calif., have gone to Disneyland many times and my two teens are looking at Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios only, for the fun rides. I think there are things in downtown disney to do too, besides meals and music? That's what we were looking for before going on the cruise.:o

To save on cost, you may want to look at a condo rental, such as the Westgate Resort or the Disney or World Quest Orlando. These are just two suggestions as there are so many options in the area. Many of these condo resorts also offer shuttles to/from the parks.

To save on cost, you may want to look at a condo rental, such as the Westgate Resort or the Disney or World Quest Orlando. These are just two suggestions as there are so many options in the area. Many of these condo resorts also offer shuttles to/from the parks.

Downtown Disney is basically retail shops and restaurants (most very overpriced!) in a very nice setting on a lake. There are also movie theaters and a Cirque de Soleil theater, but with only two nights I would assume you won't want to go to the movies or theater. The Hilton is very conveniently located, but I still think the Disney on-site properties would be a better bet. And with only a two night stay, I wouldn't bother with condo rentals.

Are you familiar with mousesavers.com? Check out their website, they frequently post great info re: hotel deals and Disney deals. Sign up for their website for extra deal info. It's a great reputable website.

Archived