Booking ES, Fun Saver, Fun Select, etc.

Mrs.C05

Can someone tell me which "category" I book under, which one I'd get my deposit and cruise fare back if we cancelled within the # of days allowed?

Last year we learned our lesson (by not getting our deposit back) but we had no idea what happened was about to happen. Thankfully, with the # of days we were out, we only lost our deposit and not the whole thing. Phew!

We're looking at starting a family, but I know I can't cruise past 24 weeks. We'd like to book something, but if I end up pregnant and the cruise is past 24 weeks, I'd like to get my money back (if they even allow that for pregnancy). Never had to inquire about this before.

Maybe you should just get trip insurance and book the best rate. :) I think I would do that if I were in your shoes. That way, no matter what, you can be covered. Just make sure the insurance covers cancellation for any reason.

But to the original question, I know that ES deposits cannot be returned. I believe the rest can, subject to the number of days for penalties.

Any fare code other than Early Saver will allow you to get your deposit back should you need to cancel outside the penalty window.

By the way, even with Early Saver you're not out all of the money. Should you need to cancel outside of the penalty with Early Saver there's a $50 fee and the remainder of the money can be applied to a future cruise within the next 12 months, I believe...

:)

By the way, even with Early Saver you're not out all of the money. Should you need to cancel outside of the penalty with Early Saver there's a $50 fee and the remainder of the money can be applied to a future cruise within the next 12 months, I believe...

So last year when we cancelled our cruise 38 days out from our cruise, we could've just rebooked for a year later and only paid $50 without losing our deposit? The lady did ask if we wanted to just rebook, but at the time, I was frazzled with all that was going on, wasn't thinking and just said cancel it. With emergency airway surgery planned within 3 days and unknown recovery time, cruising (SADLY!) wasn't on my mind! Oh well, if this is the case, then I'll know for "next time" but I certainly hope there isn't a next time.

duplicate post, sorry!

No, the "deposit" would have been used towards the final payment. You can not use it as a deposit for a future cruise.

THe difference between fun select and fun saver-- one allows you to pick your own cabin- the other one is they pick the cabin in the category you pick

Any fare code other than Early Saver will allow you to get your deposit back should you need to cancel outside the penalty window.

No, the "deposit" would have been used towards the final payment. You can not use it as a deposit for a future cruise.

THe difference between fun select and fun saver-- one allows you to pick your own cabin- the other one is they pick the cabin in the category you pick

I just cancelled my transatlantic that was booked ES. If you rebook at the time of cancellation then your ES deposit, minus $50pp can be applied to your cruise fare.........if you don't rebook at the time of cancellation then your remaining deposit will be applied as an OBC to a future cruise if taken within 24 months.

I rebooked at the time of cancellation and applied the $900 deposit to my Holloween cruise and only had to pay an additional $132 to have it paid in full.........I had paid the original deposit so far in advance of the TA that when I rebooked everything it was almost like getting to go on the Crazies cruise for just the $132.........:p

So last year when we cancelled our cruise 38 days out from our cruise, we could've just rebooked for a year later and only paid $50 without losing our deposit? The lady did ask if we wanted to just rebook, but at the time, I was frazzled with all that was going on, wasn't thinking and just said cancel it. With emergency airway surgery planned within 3 days and unknown recovery time, cruising (SADLY!) wasn't on my mind! Oh well, if this is the case, then I'll know for "next time" but I certainly hope there isn't a next time.

No, as Host Mach said that is outside the penalty time, 38 days you were past final payment so full penalties applied .... no matter what rate you booked, full penalties applies.

6 day or longer cruises (including Alaska and Hawaii):

Up to 76 days - None (except for Early Saver Fares*)

75 to 46 days - Deposit

45 to 30 days - Deposit or 50% of Total Fare, whichever is greater

29 to 15 days - Deposit or 75% of Total Fare, whichever is greater

14 days or less - 100% of Total Fare

I know we were past full payment, as that was due December 2009. I wonder if I got lucky then.... I know we were less than 46 days out from our cruise, yet it only cost us the deposit. Our deposit was more than half our total fare. We cancelled around Jan. 19th and we were to cruise Feb. 26. I counted 38 give or take a day. Oh well, I will know this for future reference.

So I should book anything but Early saver to get the deposit back (as long as I'm outside the above penalty window)?

Archived