I hope this isn't the start of a new trend for the chair hogs !

earnied

OMG Just what we need on the ship personalized chair bands!! We have friends who just come back from a Celebrity cruise with many sea days. They said that the deck crew went around and put cards on chairs that were vacant for more than 1 hour..if people did not return in a timely fashion they took their belongs off the chair and put them in a bag at the hold area on deck. Maybe Princess should institute such a program? Chair hogs are the epitome of selfish behavior whether on deck or in the Princess theatre!

This photo was taken on a recent Mexican Riviera cruise on Sapphire Princess.

Hopefully Princess won't start selling these name tags for chairs in their onboard shops :eek:

earnied

from somewhere other than the ship. I have seen them advertised somewhere. Princess already sells "reserved' loungers, its called the Sanctuary. IMHO, these personalized bands are just about as sacrosanct as a flip-flop left on a lounge at 0630 before the passenger returns to the cabin for more sleep.

Hopefully Princess won't start selling these name tags for chairs in their onboard shops :eek:

earnied

Nice seats maybe they put them on on day 1 and take them off when leaving the ship!

This is a world wide disease, I think our German cousins started it way back in the 1960s around the Spanish resorts which were popular back then. But alas this disease has spread to all people around the world and I agree its the epitome of selfishness...

You even get people leaving towels on sunbeds in the morning and going on a tour, coming back about three in the afternoon expecting it still to be there. There are one or two words I could use to describe this practice but they are extremely rude........:eek:

Since I have a very common name (Jim), I would look for one with that name (or "Bill" since my middle name is William), and just plop down. If they come back, I would show them my card and say it's mine, the ship must have reserved it for me. "SURELY no passenger would do that"!

LOL!!! Love it!!!

Since they appear to be stretchable, they could easily be "shot" overboard :D

Funny thought and quite appropriate to get rid of the bands, but unfortunately those things would quite literally be murder to the various forms of sea life...

OMG Just what we need on the ship personalized chair bands!! We have friends who just come back from a Celebrity cruise with many sea days. They said that the deck crew went around and put cards on chairs that were vacant for more than 1 hour..if people did not return in a timely fashion they took their belongs off the chair and put them in a bag at the hold area on deck. Maybe Princess should institute such a program? Chair hogs are the epitome of selfish behavior whether on deck or in the Princess theater!

They come off as easy as the towles, sandles, and books do.....:):):)

Bob

earnied

It's a needless expense. All the loungers around them have been saved the old-fashioned way... :p:D

I think I see my name on one of those chair bands. If I was there, I would do what UpcountryTravelers would do, I'll just take the chair lol.

I can't believe people would do this, and with their names on it! The first time I saw this picture and saw my name on it, I was embarrassed!

earnied

Your name isn't Gail by any chance is it??? :-)

o for god's sakes this is insane. The chair hogs were so bad on our cruise it was insane. I think it was making everyone who dealt with it angry, but then again, people were for the most part really good about letting you know if someone hasn't been at that chair in a long time and that you can take it.

earnied

hysterical - sad - but hysterical

Archived