Worried about Insignia

Harborgirl246

I reached out to Oceania PR, and they didn't have much more to say than what you already know. Their official statement reads:

A minor malfunction in one of the ship’s generators has resulted in a slightly reduced cruising speed. Accordingly, Insignia’s itineraries have been revised, where necessary. Tours will operate normally and the destination experience has not been compromised.

Their spokesman reiterated on the phone that while the ship will arrive late to some ports, all shore excursions were running as scheduled and that travelers would not lose too much time in each destination.

Interestingly, he couldn't tell me when the issue would be repaired or how many itineraries would be impacted. He could say that no maintenance has been scheduled yet that he knew of. So I guess it could be a while but I'll let you know if he gets back to me about that.

Thank you for following up on our behalf with Oceania. On our voyage, the May 27 European Gems, the stop in Lorient France has been removed with an overnight in our final port, Greenwich, UK. There were other more or less minor adjustments of arrivals and departures in other ports. The Cruise Critic boards sure are on top of what happening. Let's hope the Insignia keeps plugging along for us in the next few months.

Interestingly, he couldn't tell me when the issue would be repaired or how many itineraries would be impacted. He could say that no maintenance has been scheduled yet that he knew of. So I guess it could be a while but I'll let you know if he gets back to me about that.

Thanks Erica for contacting them

It is interesting that they do not have anything on the website either you would think they would post something there or at least on the upcoming affected cruises in case people are checking in there

Time will tell what effect it will have on future bookings

Archived