How many decks up is TOO high?

cpgrneyes

Looking at a Millie sailing after the Solsticizing, and on deck 11, all five of the aft Aqua cabins are still available. My husband is concerned that we'll be "isolated" and "too high up," but in looking around, it seems that often the premium cabins are higher.

Should I be concerned, or should I grab one? The old CC 9038/9043 are also available, but last time we were on the Millie we had a corner FV and loved being in the back.

Looking at a Millie sailing after the Solsticizing, and on deck 11, all five of the aft Aqua cabins are still available. My husband is concerned that we'll be "isolated" and "too high up," but in looking around, it seems that often the premium cabins are higher.

Should I be concerned, or should I grab one? The old CC 9038/9043 are also available, but last time we were on the Millie we had a corner FV and loved being in the back.

I'd be concerned about noise up on deck 11. Haven't looked at the plans, so I don't know where they crammed these Aqua Class cabins in, but there's a lot of activity on that deck. My preference for cabins is to be on a deck that has cabins above and below where I am.

My wife & I honeymooned on the Milli in June of 2007 and we had ocean-view stateroom on deck 9. I felt that we needed to be higher up and away from the engines and crew areas. My assumption was correct since other passengers told us that they could hear and feel the enginea in some sections of decks 2 & 3. Our stateroom on deck 9 was located near a crew entrance for the bridge area so a few times we were awoken by crew moving in & out of that area.

I would try finding something high up but not too close to public areas or crew entrances if you want a the quietest room possible.

Are there any deck plans that show the location and layout of these new deck 11 cabins? I don't see anything on the Celebrity site that actually shows where they are or what is around them.

Can't guarantee exactly what u want is on there now but it likely will be & I hope this helps: cruisedeckplans.com...use it a lot myself!!

The blank spaces can be storage areas that crew members will access usually during the day and it does show stairs, elevators etc; anywhere there is an opening means the crew has access to that area - again usually during the day and evening..

Have great cruisin'! :)

Looking at the new deck plan and picturing the current one in my mind I'd be wary of those new aft facing AQ cabins. They won't look directly to the water, but rather over the Sunset Bar and its tarpaulin that covers most of it. On Century they added cabins to the aft of the Sports Deck and called them Sunset Verandas and they do the same thing.

Phil

The aft AQ cabins on the Solsticed M Class will be looking down onto the open eating area on deck 11. Noise, music and smoke(when wind blows from the aft). Not for me.

The side cabins should be desirable. We usually parked ourselves up there on deck chairs, when we wanted to get away from the pool noise and hub bub.

Height should not be a problem on calm seas.

Thanks so much for the feedback - that's just the information I was looking for! I was a little concerned about the large overhand on Deck 9 for the angled balcony of 9038/9043, but since we'll be ib SE Asia and it will likely be hot, the shade will probably be welcome. I'm not sure we'll want to be that far away from everything on deck 11 without the advantage of a REAL aft cabin.

We just returned and were Aqua Class on 11. It was perfect...not noisy....beautiful view!

Archived