A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

Oh my goodness I had no idea they do this now.. What a great treat.. I have a great niece that would just love it...

This is a big hit with a lot of little girls. Of course, Claire already believes she has royal blood, so this was a treat for her to be dolled up just like the Pirncesses. LOL! :D

Your daughter looks like a real princess. I hope it made her very happy!!!

Thank you. She loved it.;)

Things were done a little differently this time around. Instead of paying after we were finished, a lady came around and collected payment from you during it. Also, our goodie bag contained less and was not a fancy looking. I can’t remember what all we didn’t get compared to last trip, but I do know there was only 1 nail polish, instead of 2, like they used to give out.

I gave some money to Claire to give our girl as a tip. I think I had her sign our autograph book as well.

The photopass girl asked if I knew about the photo shoot, and I assured her I did and that would be our next stop.

We headed out the door and I gave my parents a call. My phone was low on battery, so I wanted to be sure they would find us in case it died. They were on the monorail over and said they would be there shortly….now I should’ve really listened to that clue. I have never transferred from park to park, so I didn’t realize (I knew it in the back of my head, but never thought about it) that the park buses drop you off at the TTC. If I had thought about that, I could’ve told my parents where the resort bus stop was. I didn’t, and lets just say…when they left the park later that evening they had quite a time getting back to Pop. LOL!

Claire and I went and got in line for the photo shoot then. There were a few families in front of us, so we had to wait.

I tired to take a few pictures while we waited, but I kept getting people walking in front of me, so I just gave up.

balldress.jpg

balldress1.jpg

Soon it was our turn.

Photo2314FourBySix.jpg

Photo2317FourBySix.jpg

Photo2319FourBySix.jpg

As Claire was finishing up I got a call from Mom. She and Dad were outside the shop waiting for us. I let her know we would be right out. This was kind of nice, because I grabbed Claire while talking and headed out. I didn’t have to have any pressure sales on buying a package. LOL!

We found Mom and Dad and Claire ran up to them to show off her beauty.

momdadanclairebycastle.jpg

We headed off to CRT then to check and see if we could get in early. Tasha was at the desk…and she recognized me right away. I was impressed. She looked to see if she could fit us in early. While she was looking, Dad kept asking…”can she get us in…do we have to wait…how long before we get in?” UGH!!! I just gave him a look. I had no more of a clue about it than he did. She was looking and I was waiting to see. Luckily she could get us right in. We came in at the perfect time. They were wrapping up the seating for that dinner session.

She told us to walk right in…and we did!

For those who have been there, you know you see Cinderella in the lobby first. Since we were just making it to that seating, we didn’t have to wait for Cinderella at all.

Claire went right up to her long lost sister.

meetincindyatcrt.jpg

cinderellacrt.jpg

cindyandclaireatCRT.jpg

Photo2384FourBySix.jpg

Photo2392FourBySix.jpg

Photo2386FourBySix.jpg

hugsatcrtcindy.jpg

We then headed upstairs and were seated at the last table in the line up…right next to the doorway.

royalinvite.jpg

We had Gustuvo again. (sp?) He was very friendly, but I think he was a bit more forgetful this time. He did seem really busy too.

We made our orders.

waitingtoorderatcrt.jpg

Dad wasn’t too hungry for some reason, but he still ordered something too.

The appetizers came out pretty fast.

rockshrimp.jpg

crtsalad.jpg

cheeseandgrapes.jpg

Soon it was time for the wishing ceremony. They did not do this last time we were here. I don’t know if that was the norm back then when they used to have the Fairy Godmother for dinner or if we were in just so late that they didn’t do it.

rollscrt.jpg

watchingthewishes.jpg

Claire took her wishing seriously

wishingceremony.jpg

Snow White was near us and danced a little during the ceremony.

snowytwirling.jpg

snowwhitedancing.jpg

Soon after the ceremony Snow White made it to our table. We were very UN impressed with her. She talked a very high pitched baby talk. I have met a few Snow Whites in the past…and NONE talked like this. My Mom was about to start laughing right then and there and I was holding back my chuckles.

Claire liked her though because she kissed her autograph book and made big red lips in it.

snow1.jpg

snow2.jpg

snowyandclaire.jpg

For those who have been there, you know you see Cinderella in the lobby first. Since we were just making it to that seating, we didn’t have to wait for Cinderella at all.

Claire went right up to her long lost sister.

Photo2392FourBySix.jpg

She's a cutie. Claire too.

Aurora was at Ariel’s heels.

aurora1.jpg

Auroraandclairecrt.jpg

aurora2.jpg

Aurora actually forgot to sign Claire’s book. Since we were the last table I gave it to a CM and she ran it back to her to sign. We still had time before the next character.

Our food then arrived.

clairescrtbeef.jpg

This was Moms and she said it was absolutely horrid. I think she only took about 2 bites of it.

crtpasta.jpg

crtchicken.jpg

beefcrt.jpg

Over all it was a disappointing meal. Dad’s was probably the best, and Mom ended up kind of sharing with him. Mine was just OK. The sauce was weird tasting to me. Claire’s was pretty good though.

Dad was amazed at Claire’s hair. He kept asking how her hair got so blonde. I kept telling him it’s normally blonde…but finally we realized he didn’t know there was a hair piece in it. LOL!

This was also Mom and Dads first character meal. I think they weren’t sure exactly how it worked…especially Dad. But they got the hang of it and were getting excited as each new princess arrived.

Finally Belle arrived. Claire has 2 favorite princesses, Ariel and Belle, though I think Belle might be slightly higher ranked.

belle1.jpg

crtbelle.jpg

belle2.jpg

belle3.jpg

Dessert then arrived. It was good, but not great….why wasn’t it great? ….. Because they no longer serve the Chocolate Buckle! Which has to be one of my most favorite desserts of all time…. I am so disappointed that they stopped serving this. I have tried to find a recipe for this to try to make it at home, but no such luck.

sorbet.jpg

makeyourownsundae.jpg

crtmousse.jpg

Here’s a copy of the kids menu.

crtkidsmenu.jpg

And the picture we received as part of the package.

crtphoto.jpg

This meal was not worth the price at all. I don’t think we will be going back soon unless they change the menu…or my little one gives me big puppy dog eyes!

I was getting pretty chilly sitting in there. I only had my tank top one and didn’t bring a sweatshirt because I had planned to buy a new on in the park.

So we headed off to shop. That was a bit trickier than I had thought. The sidewalks were lined up with people waiting for the parade. We weaved our way through and finally made it to the stores. I could NOT find a 2011 sweatshirt. I asked a couple of people and no one seemed to know, or they would send me to a spot that didn’t have any. I did finally find one, but it wasn’t to my liking. It was very similar to my 2007 one, and that is the least favorite one I own…gray and the year wasn’t anything fancy.

I asked about the pink one I had seen online, and they told me it had been discontinued in the adult size, but no one knew why.

Dad stepped outside and decided to watch the parade while we shopped. Claire quickly found a baby Marie and HAD to have it, so we purchased that for her and sent her out with Dad. ( I don’t think she really knew who Marie was at that point, but it was really cute)

I finally settled on a pink tie dye sweatshirt. It was cute. It didn’t have the year, but I guess I could live with it.

ilovemickeysweatshirt.jpg

ilovemickey.jpg

Mom picked a blue one very similar to it.

Mom and Dad decided to head back to Pop. They told me I could bring Claire back at any time if I wanted to and then go back. I handed my bag to my Mom and just kept the bare essentials on me. The bag was getting annoying. But not as annoying as the camera bag, but I had to keep that with me.

Dad didn’t want to leave till the parade was over, so they finished watching it and then left.

We found out the next day that they had taken the monorail over to the TTC. Since they arrived there from AK, that’s where they thought they were supposed to go. They asked someone where to go and they got a rude CM who basically did NOT tell them where to go. So they found someone else who was much more helpful and finally made it back.

Claire and I headed over towards Pirates. She wanted to ride it again. Of course I totally forgot about the new castle show…which I had wanted to see…and totally missed.

I tried a few lighted castle pictures.

lightedcastle1.jpg

Archived