A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

uptpmickeyslide.jpg

comingdownmickeyslide.jpg

After a few times we told her it was time to head back to the island. We wanted to get some lunch and Cabanas was not open. I didn’t check the other fast food areas, but I wanted to try the island food anyways.

wrappedintowel.jpg

We headed back to the room to get our bag and headed off again. A picture in one of the hallways.

dumboart.jpg

I forgot to mention as well, that some time in the morning I had left another gift out for Claire. I can’t remember what it was….perhaps a night gown? I should’ve wrote it down. Anyways, here is the note that accompanied the gift.

castawaycay.jpg

From here on out, the pictures will be scattered. I left the SLR in the room and only took the P&S and the waterproof camera. All the pictures I took on the P&S are on the lost card. This is probably the time it bothers me the most. I know at certain times I only used that camera and took a LOT of pictures of the island. But nothing I can do about it now.

We left the ship and headed for the tram. We were NOT walking this time, and we also planned to go to the 2nd beach stop this time around.

backtobeach.jpg

tramstopview.jpg

tramtobeach.jpg

feetonthetram.jpg

tramrideview.jpg

Aqua Duck sounds fun too bad the lines are long even on a port day such has the island.

It was fun and it could've been worse, as there were times I had seen it extend much longer, so I felt good that we did get to ride it.

Aqua Duck sounds fun too bad the lines are long even on a port day such has the island.

We went when it opened at 10:00 on our 2nd Castaway day (5 night cruise). There was no waiting, and very short lines until 12:00 or a little after.

It did get stuck one time, which evidently happens every now & then. They tell you when you get on, if it gets stuck, just stay put and they will come get you. When someone gets stuck, they have to shut the water off, get the person unstuck, and then start the water back up. This process takes about 15-20 minutes.:( Usually it gets stuck because the person doesn't weigh very much, but on this morning the person was a pretty big man.

Anyway, it's a really fun ride for people of all ages (DH is in his 70's, and I'm in my 60's).

uptpmickeyslide.jpg

comingdownmickeyslide.jpg

After a few times we told her it was time to head back to the island. We wanted to get some lunch and Cabanas was not open. I didn’t check the other fast food areas, but I wanted to try the island food anyways.

wrappedintowel.jpg

We headed back to the room to get our bag and headed off again. A picture in one of the hallways.

dumboart.jpg

I forgot to mention as well, that some time in the morning I had left another gift out for Claire. I can’t remember what it was….perhaps a night gown? I should’ve wrote it down. Anyways, here is the note that accompanied the gift.

castawaycay.jpg

I LOVE the paper you have used in your backgrounds (like the note from Mickey about having fun at the beach. Is it scrapbooking paper, clipart or what??? Great Review by the way!!! We are booked on our FIRST DISNEY CRUISE - January 12, 2012, as A Christmas Present for our 2 granddaughters

(10 and 7 at cruisetime) on the Disney Dream.

We found a Cast Member and asked how to get to Cookies Too. It just seemed confusing on the map to us….maybe it was that lack of sleep kicking in.

She pointed us down the bike trail and told us where to turn. I don’t think she really had a clue, and I would NOT suggest going this way. The Bikers don’t seem to realize that people also walk on this at times and I saw many times near collisions. There is one spot where there is a LOT of people in the area and the bike trail goes right though and the bikers didn’t seem to realize it. Especially the kids on bikes. And the people crossing the trail didn’t realize they needed to look for bikers coming through as well.

lookingforlunch.jpg

palmtrunks.jpg

We finally found it and went in for some grub.

cookietoobbq.jpg

I had a little encounter with a rude lady. We were waiting in line with our trays. The line we were in went to the right, but to my left was a fruit area. The lady behind me wanted fruit, and just took the plate off my tray? I was amazed at this and I say “Uh, no, this is my plate” and I took it back. She then got a little snotty and said “Well can you GET me a plate then”…I guess she was too good to wait. I just handed her one and she’s lucky I didn’t bash her on the head with it! LOL!

cookiescooking.jpg

burgers.jpg

My favorite Cookies. These were so good and they had them on the ship too.

cookies.jpg

I swear I had taken pictures of our plates, so if I did, they are on the lost card. The food was just OK. Nothing great, but edible. Skip would like it, as he loves buffets, but I wasn’t too impressed. This was probably my least favorite meal of the whole cruise.

We got some dessert too, which again was just OK. Disney needs to getter a better brand of ice-cream. Though I think the island version was better than the ships version…which I had also tried at one time, but I don’t remember when. LOL!

lickingicecream.jpg

strawberryicecream.jpg

After we ate, I think we used the bathrooms…which I didn’t think were too magical either, and headed for a spot on the beach. I think this was a trash can outside the bathroom and when I was taking the picture, someone gave me a weird look, and Mom told them I take pictures of everything. LOL!

whisjeytrashcan.jpg

sandbar.jpg

After settling in to a spot on the beach, Mom decided it was time to head back for her excursion. We agreed just to meet up later on the ship.

Claire wanted a tube for the water, so we went over to the rental place and got one. Only $6 for the day, and it was worth it for the fun she had with it.

flippersfloats.jpg

likingthetube.jpg

We then made our way to the water for some fun!

You probably have answered this already and I am sure I missed it but do you mind telling me what type of camera you are using. I see a camera that says Cannon in one of your pictures. What make and model are you using. Your pictures are beautiful. We are looking to replace our old cheap camera before our Hawaii trip. I just don't know where to start looking. Thanks in Advance.

You probably have answered this already and I am sure I missed it but do you mind telling me what type of camera you are using. I see a camera that says Cannon in one of your pictures. What make and model are you using. Your pictures are beautiful. We are looking to replace our old cheap camera before our Hawaii trip. I just don't know where to start looking. Thanks in Advance.

The big camera I used was a Canon 50D. I also brought a fuji waterprrof camera and another Canon point and shoot. So far none of the point and shoot pictures have been in my report though, as thats the card I lost.

Now for some fun with the tube.

gettingintube.jpg

seaoftubes.jpg

While Claire was doing tube tricks, I also would randomly shot things I could see. I went in about knee deep. The water in this area was pretty shallow far out. I also found out that this areas sand was not the nice stuff. It was more gravelly. (I’m sure that’s not a real word, but it is now) I kept getting little stones inside my water shoes, but I am so glad I wore them, as I think it would’ve hurt my feet. I heard a few others complain about it as well.

pelicanplunge.jpg

tube1.jpg

tube2.jpg

tube8.jpg

As soon as I took that picture, I noticed Claire’s mouth was near the tube and quickly told her to get it away! LOL!

rescue.jpg

tube9.jpg

And this is my last picture I have for Castaway Cay. Everything else is on the lost card.

tube10.jpg

I do have one short video. I totally hate my voice in this. I sound all nasally. And I have such a goofy laugh.

th_DSCF0188.jpg

After the fun in the water, Claire and I went to Spring a Leak water play area. Claire loved this and played for quite some time. She squealed and ran, and played with many other children. After awhile I told her we had to go, but that stinker kept ignoring me. She just would look at me and give me the devil grin. Finally I acted like I was walking out and leaving her, and she joined me.

We headed to Pelican Plunge next. I was NOT about to swim out there and go down the slides, but I told Claire she could and I would wait on the beach. So we went through the Queue, got her lifejacket on and out she swam. The lines were pretty long for this. I was waiting with a few other parents and we would chit chat here and there. Claire made it to the top and made the plunge down! Then swam back to me…..”I want to try the other slide”. Um, I was hot and it was a long wait, but I said OK, one last slide and then we were heading back. So she went back out and did the same slide again. I’m not sure why, as she wanted to do the other, and I really never got an explanation on why she changed her mind.

By the time she got back from her second plunge, I felt like I was thoroughly baked. We had been applying sunscreen all afternoon, but I think we both still were a little crispy.

We had one towel with us, but it was pretty wet, so we went back to our chair to get a dry one, dropping the wet towel off in the bin on the way….and they were gone! The tube was still at the chair, but our dang towel was gone. I was not real happy about that. It was getting later in the day, but many people were still swimming in the area, so I’m not sure why they started the clean up already.

We just air dried then, we had no choice. We returned the tube and headed for the trolley, which was packed! We took a not so relaxing ride back to the ship. Not so relaxing because the row we were in had what looked like a seat facing us, but it wasn’t. I don’t know what it was, but it had marked on it clearly that it was not for passengers and not to put stuff on it…but a whole family sat on it anyways. And there was no leg room for any of us and the one kid actually stood on the ledge thing on way back.

Claire knew it wasn’t for passengers because we had talked about it before, and she kept asking why they were sitting there. I said I don’t know…and they had to have heard us. But I also wondered why no CM’s had said anything before taking off too.

Anyway…We got back to the ship and headed back to our room to freshen up and Mom was there too. She said her Glass Bottom boat tour was wonderful and she was so glad she went. She also said the CM had told them that today had been the 1st real nice day at CC since the Dream had started sailing there, and many of the CM’s were enjoying it just as much as the guests.

We got showered and ready for the nights show. We also did our packing as it was our last night. I went to start a load of laundry. We wanted some things to wear again later in the trip. I found the machines very confusing. They are small front loaders. I don’t have a front loader myself, so it took me a bit to figure out what to do. I swiped my card for payment ($2) and it did nothing, so I swiped again and that time I was able to get it to work. I later found out I was charged for both swipes, but I never had it adjusted. I didn’t want to wait in line for $2.

I think at this time, Claire and Mom also finished up the 2nd Detective Agency Mission. Something that Claire was NOT going to forget about.

Claire and I went up on deck to get a drink. At first I was just going to get a lemonade, but then I decided to go for it and get a Frozen Mango Margarita. It was really good, so I ordered one for Mom as well. We also decided to get a virgin Raspberry/Strawberry daiquiri for Claire. We got them all in souvenir cups. I think with an extra tip added (the guy was really helpful and nice) the bill came to almost $40 for 3 drinks!!!

Claire and I took the drinks back to the room and sipped on them while finishing up packing and getting ready for the show.

I also moved the laundry to the dryer at some point and time, and Mom had checked it once and added another cycle as one didn’t quite dry them fully. She said she had the same problem and had to swipe twice as well.

Here is another reason I didn’t care for our room steward. We had been left 1 customs form, but we needed 2 since we were two different families, so at some point and time we had to go down and get another one, which actually turned into 2 times because I misplaced the one Mom went and got…only to find it later on. LOL!

Before we knew it, it was time to go to the show.

We again sat in the Balcony, in the same area we had for the two previous shows. Tonight’s show was called Believe.

It was a nice show, but again, I still liked Golden Mickeys better.

believe1.jpg

The guy who played Genie also was the same guy who had played Hades the night before. He was pretty funny again in this role.

believe2.jpg

believe3.jpg

believe4.jpg

As you can imagine, the Mary Poppins portion was one of my favorites!

believe5.jpg

Archived