A Hop, NO Skip and Many Mishaps to a Disney Dream

jenseib

finalbow2.jpg

We were sad that this was our last show of the trip. We had really enjoyed seeing them, and Disney puts on such great productions and the costumes are just amazing.

We headed back to our room again. We had to be sure every last thing was packed and we had what we needed till tomorrow morning and then set the suitcases outside our door.

We took a different route back to the room. One area that I don’t believe I had been through as of yet.

princessclaireandadda.jpg

lifeboatpropeller.jpg

bottomoflifeboat.jpg

Did you know that there is not enough life “boats” for everyone? They also have life “Rafts”. I learned this on a past cruise. I guess they can’t carry enough big sized life boats, so they have the rafts too…I don’t know all the “real, technical” info on why though.

liferafts.jpg

We went to walk in a side door and came across this cute area. I mentioned that I never had seen it before, and Mom told us that she has sat there the day before and read her book for awhile. I took a couple of pictures, the first wasn’t so great,… but at least Claire’s eyes are open. I would really like the 2nd one IF Claire’s eyes were open!

momandclaireinnook.jpg

closedeyesinnook.jpg

When we got back to the room I found something that really made me NOT like our Cabin steward.

For those who don’t know, as you walk in your room there is a little slot on the wall. You put your KTTW in it and it will then activate the use of the lights and all electronic ports. This is a pain, as you need you KTTW card every time you leave the room. I had learned on Dis that you could use any type of magnetic stripped card in the slot. That way, if you have something charging, or whatever, you can keep it going when you leave the room. So the 1st day I had put a Gift card in the slot and we left it there. The 2nd day I had used some of my gift cards towards my onboard account, so I switched it out to a used card. Thank goodness I did that.

When we came back to the room that evening, my gift card was gone. Mom said a few times she had come back to the room to find it had been lifted so it wasn’t activating anything, but never moved. We did a quick look around the room and it was just NOT anywhere. Now it was used, so I didn’t worry about, but it did IRK me. He didn’t know if it was used or not. I don’t know if he had to use his own card in the slot and removed ours and forgot to put it back, or if he just plain out stole it. I kept meaning to report it, but I never did have the time. And though it did make me mad, it wasn’t like I was thinking about it at all times either. We had so much going on that I soon forgot about it, actually. But it left a bad taste in my mouth…if you know what I mean?

I decided to do a quick run up to the top decks. I wanted to get a picture of Donald’s rear end…and I hadn’t done it yet, so I thought I should before I forgot to.

Here is a Deck 7 directory.

deck7directory.jpg

lights.jpg

And there he is in all his glory! LOL!

donaldsbackend.jpg

Not long after I got back to the room we got a knock. I opened the door and was handed back our pillowcase and tote bag that I had dropped off the 1st day for signatures. I had totally forgotten about them. They turned out FANTASTIC!

pillowcase.jpg

clairetotebag.jpg

lifeboatpropeller.jpg

bottomoflifeboat.jpg

Did you know that there is not enough life “boats” for everyone? They also have life “Rafts”. I learned this on a past cruise. I guess they can’t carry enough big sized life boats, so they have the rafts too…I don’t know all the “real, technical” info on why though.

liferafts.jpg

There's not enough room to carry all rigid lifeboats. The canisters are called inflatable lifeboats.

Between the rigid lifeboats and the inflatable lifeboats, there is at least 150% capacity for all passengers and crew.

Those inflatibles are a cool invention. They are designed so that if the ship sinks without them being deployed, they will release themselves, float to the surface and inflate automatically.

Not long after I got back to the room we got a knock. I opened the door and was handed back our pillowcase and tote bag that I had dropped off the 1st day for signatures. I had totally forgotten about them. They turned out FANTASTIC!

pillowcase.jpg

clairetotebag.jpg

Who do you leave this with?this is pretty cool. and what items can you turn in for them to sign.

There's not enough room to carry all rigid lifeboats. The canisters are called inflatable lifeboats.

Between the rigid lifeboats and the inflatable lifeboats, there is at least 150% capacity for all passengers and crew.

Those inflatibles are a cool invention. They are designed so that if the ship sinks without them being deployed, they will release themselves, float to the surface and inflate automatically.

Thanks for that info. I figured someone would know the real info!

Who do you leave this with?this is pretty cool. and what items can you turn in for them to sign.

I left it with guest services as soon as I boarded the ship. I put them in a large ziplock bag with fabric markers along with some candy bar treats for the characters to have. I think you can leave just about anything. There is a limit of 2 items per stateroom.

Thanks so much for this great review.

My DH and I will be on the Dream next May for our first Disney cruise.

Can't wait

Thanks. I hope to do another next spring, but only time will tell. my parents are also discussing possibly cruising with us. But my DH loves to wait last minute to book anything, so I'm not sure if it will all work out.

It was getting close to dinner time so we headed that way. We also set our bags outside the door before we left. We debated on doing it after dinner, but just in case we ran late, we decided to do it then.

We saw the many people were lined up for pictures this night. I thought we could stop after dinner, but when we were done everything was already packed up. I guess they pack up early since it’s the last night and they need to get all the pictures out for people to buy.

Dinner was Animators Palate.

animatorspalatesign.jpg

The décor was just so cute!

aniamtorschair.jpg

animatortable.jpg

table74.jpg

breadplate.jpg

crushonscreenatap.jpg

I took some video here and there, hoping to catch if Crush talked to us. That early video is on the lost card…..but the good news is, that during this dinner I changed cards so I have some video from later on in the meal. We also never were talked to by crush, which disappointed Claire. She did love this “show” and was mesmerized.

crush2.jpg

crush1.jpg

crush3.jpg

crush.jpg

I see a hidden Mickey!

animatorsbreadbasket.jpg

We discussed the kids club again and Claire decided she would give it a try, but once Crush had appeared that totally went out the door.

look.jpg

paintbrushpillar.jpg

My specialty drink……Princess delight. It was non-alcoholic and tasted wonderful!

princessdelight.jpg

And soon our appetizers arrived.

truffle.jpg

risotto.jpg

clairessoup.jpg

And they were delicious!

Claire’s main meal came at the same time that our soups came.

steakanimators.jpg

tatosoup.jpg

Every so often a Nemo character would float by on the screen. And Crush would come by every so often as well.

Soon the main course arrived.

chicken.jpg

Mom and I both got the same thing.

Claire’s ice cream arrived soon after.

strawberyyicecream.jpg

Dessert was a hard choice, as usual. It all looked so good.

sundaecookie.jpg

This Sundae was amazing! It had those wonderful chocolate chip cookies in it. I could go for one about right now!

The show continued. Srdjan and Brent also told us not to leave till it was over, so we stayed in place.

srdjanandbrent.jpg

watchingintensely.jpg

playinwithdrink.jpg

While waiting for the fun to start, I took a few more pictures.

filmstriptrim.jpg

pencilpilar.jpg

Soon a fun show started up with Crush. He wanted to call attention to everyone who was celebrating something. I had TOTALLY forgotten that when I had called to request a 4 top table that they had asked if we were celebrating. I had told her we were kind of celebrating Claire’s birthday belated, since we had to postpone the trip and that it was also my birthday gift, and that Skip was celebrating his 50th in May. I never thought to change it over to Mom when I changed the reservation…her b-day is in May as well.

Soon Srdjan and Brent came out with birthday buttons for Claire and I and a yummy mousse type cake. I took a picture of the cake and accidentally deleted it later on…another mishap.

But if you watch the video you can see it on the table.

Crush led us in some sort of chant. I honestly didn’t pay attention too much. Claire liked it, and I was surprised that Mom was really getting into it too.

I videoed more than what I am posting, but it was on the other card and I switched in the middle of the chanting.

th_MVI_1957.jpg

After all the excitement we headed out. Many people still lingered in there, but we like to keep moving.

Here is a copy of the kids menu.

animatorspalatechildsmenu.jpg

These little light up Dalmatians are on the floor of the restaurant.

lightupdoggie.jpg

lightupdoggie2.jpg

incredibles.jpg

We headed down to the Atrium. (bad picture here)

bluroftianadress.jpg

The Atrium was pretty much empty at this point in time so I tried to get some shots of Claire on the stairs….of course none turned out great…most had a slight blur to them.

blurportrait1.jpg

blurbw.jpg

tianadresspose.jpg

lasttianapose.jpg

We started to make our way back to the room again, stopping off for another picture.

I told her to lay down here and pose…and this is what I got.

windowposewave.jpg

I told her to sit up and let’s try it again.

posingonwindowseat.jpg

I tried a couple more, but they just weren’t turning out with the lighting and I was rushed a bit too. All of a sudden several people decided to walk down this hallway.

We got back to the room to find another towel friend. See Claire’s hand in action…she is going for the chocolate and I am telling her to wait.

stingraytowel.jpg

We also found that our Cabin Steward had NOT brought down the bunk bed this evening. Why I don’t know. I am guessing he didn’t want to put it back up the next day when he had to prepare the room for the next set of guests. I asked Claire if she minded sleeping with me, if not I would call to have it pulled down. She was OK with being in my bed, so we didn’t bother calling.

Now I can’t remember the exact order of what we did the rest of the evening, but I know I left the room a couple of times. One time Mom and Claire went off to do some last minute shopping. I know I went and got a copy of our room charges and one for Mom as well. I wanted to be sure most was covered and not much put on my credit card.

I also took these pictures somewhere along the line.

aquaducktube1.jpg

poolshowerfromtop.jpg

sideofaquaduck.jpg

funnelprofile.jpg

photoshadows.jpg

Claire came back from shopping with Adda and had gotten a little prize. She’s a good con artist. She got one a Minnie figurine set with the little plastic dresses…kind of like Polly pockets. The thing is, she has this same set already at home. We got it last trip. But she told me that some of the pieces were missing and if you left Minnie naked, she looked like Mickey, so now she would have Mickey and Minnie. That girl is always thinking. There was also something else Claire wanted, but Adda was NOT buying it for her. She said she would use her own money if I took her, so we headed out again.

I also forgot that Mom had bought Claire a watch the 1st night of the trip. Claire loved it and wore it off and on, but I can’t even tell you where it is now, but she probably knows.

We stopped at Shutters first, since I wanted to get some prints. Mom had a few picked out, and I had my eye on a few. Even though I had bought the CD, the borders do not come on them, so to get anything with a border, you have to buy a print. BUT, since I did buy a CD, the prints were 50% off.

I ended up getting 6 prints. Mom and I each got 3.

Here is what Mom got.

print3.jpg

print2.jpg

print1.jpg

And these are the ones I got.

mickeyprint.jpg

claireshipprinte.jpg

Archived