Have Princess put Egypt back onto their itineraries?

joll

Just checked my Cruise Personaliser for our Dawn Princess World Cruise departing Sydney and the itinerary is now showing a visit to Port Said on 28 June. This was previously cancelled with subsequent port dates amended and an extra day in Instanbul. Does this mean we may get to see the Pyramids after all - hope so!

Just checked my Cruise Personaliser for our Dawn Princess World Cruise departing Sydney and the itinerary is now showing a visit to Port Said on 28 June. This was previously cancelled with subsequent port dates amended and an extra day in Instanbul. Does this mean we may get to see the Pyramids after all - hope so!

The April 29th cruise for the OCEAN PRINCESS has had the call at Luxor/Karnak re-instated (May 20th). The call at Jeddah (Saudi Arabia) was cancelled, reportedly due to visa issues and security concerns.

My Cruise Personalizer for the Star Princess on May 18 is now showing Cairo/Giza(Alexandria) for May 21-22.
Now that is interesting, the Personalizer itinerary is different than the main listing...have you received an itinerary change notice?

Ah, thanks Rick. I suspect there will be a lot of people re-booking their previously canceled cruise. Or kicking themselves for canceling.

Or getting it at a reduced price using the flash sale prices currently in effect.

have you received an itinerary change notice?

No, I have not received an itinerary change notice. I noticed it because I printed out my Travel Summary and my Istanbul excursion was missing. When i tried to rebook it I couldn't, then I saw Cairo was on the port list. I checked the itinerary page and Cairo is there too.

I'll confirm this as well...booked on the May 18th Star Princess. The itinerary is back to the original configuration, with Egypt, and pre-booked shore excursions have been shuffled from the non-Egypt dates back to their original dates.

There are the 3 of us on may 18th roll

call who have thechanges in our personalisers

but the notices still say Egypt is canceled

so princess must be in the process of updating now.

My shore excursion for Istanbul has been removed.

There are the 3 of us on may 18th roll

call who have thechanges in our personalisers

but the notices still say Egypt is canceled

so princess must be in the process of updating now.

My shore excursion for Istanbul has been removed.

Yes, they've apparently been working on it this week...

My sources say that Egypt is now back for all itineraries... :)

I hope your sources are correct. Right now our October 15th cruise on the Ocean still shows Istanbul; both on the Personalizer and on the Princess site.

I just checked the current press releases on Princess.com and there is no new news about Egypt ports being reinstated at this time. I would keep my eye there for up to date information before making plans to visit a port that may or may not be re-added to the itineary for upcoming cruises, especially those leaving very soon. There is always conflicting information when something like this happens, but no matter what anyone saw or was told, I would wait until it comes directly from Princess before getting my hopes up. Good Luck!

I just called princess and they said egypt is off the plate for now.

long cruiser

When I called Princess this morning, I was told that the original itinerary, which includes Egypt, is back in place for this May. Also told that notifications would either go out over the weekend or on Monday.

Itinerary as listed in personalizer shows Egypt.

Itinerary as listed in find a cruise does not.

Shore excursions booked in the personalizer for the alternate ports have disappeared.

Egypt is listed on the personalzier shore excursions port list, but says not yet available.

There is always conflicting information when something like this happens, but no matter what anyone saw or was told, I would wait until it comes directly from Princess before getting my hopes up. Good Luck!

I would like to think that information in the personalizer can be considered as coming directly from Princess.

Of course, different information could always suddenly appear.

I'm wondering whether they are just reinstating Egypt in May; to try it and see if all is OK. Since my cruise is not until October, I can sit back and wait and see what if anything happens. Worse case scenario; we go to Istanbul for the umpteenth time.

I have a Dilemma: We are Canadian and my travel agent isn't able to find us any travel medical insurance that will cover us in Egypt because of the Canadian Travel Advisory still being in effect.

Can any of the other Canadians chime in and let us know what you will do about Medical Insurance in Egypt?

dog

I have a Dilemma: We are Canadian and my travel agent isn't able to find us any travel medical insurance that will cover us in Egypt because of the Canadian Travel Advisory still being in effect.

Can any of the other Canadians chime in and let us know what you will do about Medical Insurance in Egypt?

dog

dog, What about Princess travel insurance????

I would like to think that information in the personalizer can be considered as coming directly from Princess.

Of course, different information could always suddenly appear.

bill, yes I agree, but with that, it can change within moments. I definitely would wait for an official announcement before getting my hopes up. ;)

dog, What about Princess travel insurance????

TA contacted Princess and it is too late and they don't sell just medical.

I have other insurance from Canadian company and medical insurance too but because the Canadian advisory is still in effect for Egypt the medical portion is void.

If you have any questions or concerns on changes you can contact Princess at 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237)

I just got off the phone with "Janet" from corporate. She informed me that despite the US State Departments warnings for travel to Egypt they have reinstated travel to the country. She informed me that an official announcement would be going out on Monday detailing the safety of passengers going into the country. I asked her what information Princess had that was more accurate or current than the State Department and she again assured me that their "emergency" release on Monday would detail the info.

The latest State Department release on Egypt talks about limited security in the country and the fact the government is transitional. They also warn US Citizens that services at the embassy would be limited. Does this sound like they are recommending travel for US Citizens? Anyway, go to the State Department website and make up your own mind.

I would have FAR preferred Cairo over Istanbul about 4 months ago, but now, don't think so. In regards to the recent approved ballot in Egypt for the potential national elections it would appear that the country is anywhere but stable. Also, a little concerned why Princess corporate felt a decision would be made sometime on Friday concerning dozens of sailings to a country in turmoil but not putting out an announcement until Monday...

Anyway, if you have any concern for your safety in a country that is currently locking up protestors for periods of years you may want to call Princess and ask some questions... 1-800-PRINCESS (1-800-774-6237)

TA contacted Princess and it is too late and they don't sell just medical.

I have other insurance from Canadian company and medical insurance too but because the Canadian advisory is still in effect for Egypt the medical portion is void.

dog, actually, there has been a change recently. Let me post the information here from my upcoming cruise. Not sure when this was added, but it was discussed not all that long ago here on the boards, and many of us had not heard of it before. But now it appears on my booking.

From my current booking:

PRINCESS MEDICAL ONLY PROTECTION

For Guests who purchased Princess Vacation Protection after final payment:spacer.gifPrincess Medical Only Protection provides important emergency medical transportation services and accident/sickness medical expense coverages for unexpected illness or injury that occurs while traveling. This plan is available to guests who did not purchase Princess Vacation Protection (prior to making final payment and thus had already entered the period where cancellation fees apply). Full terms, conditions and exclusions of Princess Medical Only Protection is available in the downloads section (see Additional Forms) of the Cruise Personalizer. spacer.gifspacer.gifFor more information regarding Princess Vacation Protection or Princess Medical Only Protection, contact the program administrator, at 1-877-846-8833. spacer.gifspacer.gifPlease be sure to print out (as appropriate) either Princess Vacation Protection or Princess Medical Only Protection and bring it with you on your upcoming cruise vacation as it contains important telephone contact numbers to reach the emergency assistance provider as well as to provide you with examples of what kinds of information, receipts, and documentation you should retain and provide to the program administrator in the event of a claim.

Archived