$450.00 deposit per person

Is this a normal deposit for a cruise over 12 months away for a 15 day transatlantic. Seems high but the more they get now, the less I have to save for. I read when there having "reduced deposit" specials and the deposit is much lower but I could be wrong.

Is this a normal deposit for a cruise over 12 months away for a 15 day transatlantic. Seems high but the more they get now, the less I have to save for. I read when there having "reduced deposit" specials and the deposit is much lower but I could be wrong.

Reduced deposits of $100pp are only applied when booking on board no matter the length of the cruise. They do offer specials like WOW sales where deposits may be reduced when booking from home.

However, when booking a GS cabin or above, the deposit is doubled per person no matter if you book on a ship or from home.

Wondered the same thing (same cruise too) but have to agree it will be nice having it almost half paid for when final payment is due. And in between now and then getting airfare out of the way. Vacation on the lay-away plan. ;)

$450 is the deposit we Europeans pay , whether on board or shore side ,& non refundable

USA & Canadians pay less deposit & have a cancellation agreement ?

A factor in the deposit is the length of the cruise also.

When purchasing a cruise on board, whether it is a Decide Now or Decide Later booking, all deposits are reduced to $100pp no matter the length of the cruise......unless booking a GS or above when normal full deposits are required and then doubled no matter when/where booking is made.

Every Royal cruise we have ever booked before final payment is due thru the Royal website, a Royal vacation planner, or a TA has had a $900 deposit per couple. Obviously, cruises booked after final payment is due, we've had to pay the entire fare. Cruises we've booked onboard another Royal cruise have been $100 deposit... we've always used the Next Cruise option instead of booking a specific cruise.

Tim

We just booked an 11 day cruise onboard our cruise last month on Explorer of the Seas and the deposit was $100 per person for my wife and I.

Also recieved an $150 OBC with the booking.

Jimbo:)

Deposits really vary depending on the cruise and the cruise line. We are currently thinking about booking a Holland America cruise that has a $5000 deposit requirement (and this is more then a year in advance). At this point we would welcome a $450 deposit :)

Hank

The deposit breakdown for RCI when booking from home and not using a Decide Later Booking is...........

$100pp for a 3-5 night cruise

$250pp for a 6-9 night cruise

$450pp for a 10+ night cruise

These deposits will be doubled when booking a GS or higher cabin.

The above deposit amounts were in effect when we started cruising in 1997.

not to hijack this thread but Patti I heard you were on the Enchantment April 11-16 and I was so looking forward to meeting you. I went to Viking Crown after muster but didn't see anything that looked like a meet and greet going on.

Yes we were there. I'm so sorry that we didn't get to meet. I wasn't very active on that roll call so didn't know what was planned. Hopefully we can meet up on another cruise.

Is this a normal deposit for a cruise over 12 months away for a 15 day transatlantic. Seems high but the more they get now, the less I have to save I agree with you when you say "the more they get now, the less I have to save". I'm very concerned with the total price of the cruise, but since I'm getting essentially nothing in the way of interest in savings, I really am not concerned with the amount of the deposit. And if it's hard to come up with the deposit, it's a hint that I might not be able to come up with the balance of the cruise later.

The deposit breakdown for RCI when booking from home and not using a Decide Later Booking is...........

$100pp for a 3-5 night cruise

$250pp for a 6-9 night cruise

$450pp for a 10+ night cruise

These deposits will be doubled when booking a GS or higher cabin.

The above deposit amounts were in effect when we started cruising in 1997.

Patti...........it seems that our deposits are almost always $1800.00 per booking, (not per passenger) in a suite, whether it be for 7 days or for 10+ days.

Rick

Deposits really vary depending on the cruise and the cruise line. We are currently thinking about booking a Holland America cruise that has a $5000 deposit requirement (and this is more then a year in advance). At this point we would welcome a $450 deposit :)

Hank

I bet!

We've only done more than 7 days once and it was an 11 day cruise with $450 deposit; otherwise it's usually $250 for a 7 day. We are planning a cruise for Europe in 2012 and we already know the deposit will be $450 unles we book onboard ($100 on Decide Later) when we cruise in July on FOS. I almost wish it was the $450 because that would make my final payment seem smaller (LOL)...strange, I know. I hate to miss out on the additional OBC by not booking onboard since that's like handing RCCL money back. Decisions, decisions :confused:.

Archived