Tell me about the Ectasy please

frednsb

it was our first cruise experience (so far the only) and it was WONDERFUL!!!! smallish, new waterpark, excellent food, better staff. It has won the crystal eagle award more then once.

It has a smaller kids' space than the newer, bigger ships. a nice serenity area with 2 hot tubs (no pool) in the aft. mongolian wok area in lido pool area (1/2 is mongolian wok, 1/2 is burgers). Steve Cassel, CD, is great! he can play fiddle like nobody's business.

I'm kind of sad to see her go to Florida, because that means I won't get to cruise on her again. I sure hope you guys enjoy her as much as we did.

Will look for photos later today

the Ecstasy is moving to port Canaveral this fall and I am excited. Tis port is only 45 min. from my house.

Please tell me all you know and add any pictures.

thanks

Nice ship, we cruised her a few times since she is close to home. We felt crowded sometimes though... low tonnage for the number of folks. No heat in the rooms...an issue on cold winter days in Galveston. Hopefully not a problem in Florida.

She is well kept for her age!

See reviews and photos in my signature for more information.

I'm kind of sad to see her go to Florida, because that means I won't get to cruise on her again. I sure hope you guys enjoy her as much as we did.

I'm sad to see her leave Galveston, too. I've only cruised twice so far, and both times were on the Ecstasy. When I boarded her the second time last year it felt like home. I liked knowing how to get around on her.

I missed sailing on her a third time in February this year, for the ill-fated fog cruise. I knew it would be my last time to board her (I doubt we will ever travel to Florida to cruise, with Galveston so convenient and cheaper to us) so I was especially sad to miss that cruise, knowing she was leaving us this year.

OP, she is a smaller ship. There is no steak house, and only a couple of gift shops (I understand the larger ships have more gift shops?). But everything else is just perfect, imo. The spa is very nice - the showers in the spa are fabulous!

Of course, I have nothing to compare her to, yet. I know I will be awed when we sail on the Magic next, but the Ecstasy will always be dear to me!

the Ectasy is moving to port Canaveral this fall and I am excited. Tis port is only 45 min. from my house.

Please tell me all you know and add any pictures.

thanks

I'm excited to have her come to PC also! She's Sensations sister ship....and has gone thru EOF---with balcony's too!:p

Agree with all above. Sailed on her a few times, and found it to be a great ship. It is one of the "smaller" ships (not a mega-ship) but the crew was fantastic. Outstanding service, especially by the cabin crew.

However, I'm not sad to see her leave Galveston. I have nothing but praise for her, but I'm looking forward to a different type of ship.

The Ecstasy is a lovely ship with a fantastic crew. I have pictures from one of my voyages on her at this link:

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff313/mach_man/Crazies%20in%20Ecstasy%20Feb%2020/

:)

Thanks for the wonderful pics!! My husband and I are taking our first cruise on this ship in October out of New Orleans.

We've been on the Ecstasy twice. In fact, we just got off her less than two weeks ago! She's a great ship. The latest dry dock has made the ship very comparible to current CCL overings, she's just a little smaller. The new water works is a blast. And I have to agree, the current crew is top notch.

Thanks for the wonderful pics!! My husband and I are taking our first cruise on this ship in October out of New Orleans.

We just sailed on the Ecstasy for the 2nd time. You will LOVE this ship ! We are sad to see her leave Galveston. Please consider doing the Chef's Table if you are a foodie - a truly STELLAR experience.;)

Archived