Past guest parties?

I read in a post last night (the favorite drinks one) about past guests being invited to a past guest party/reception while onboard...

Do you automatically get invited to this if you're a past guest, or do you need to speak to someone once on board/before you cruise?

What day/when does this party usually take place?

If you're a past guest but your spouse traveling with you is not, is he able to join you?

Thank you

Yes, you do get invited automatically. You need not do a thing. An invitation will arrive in your cabin announcing the date, time and location.

The party is for past guests as a thank you... not for folks who have never sailed with Carnival before. That being said, do Carnival the courtesy of visiting the Guest Services Desk and inform them of your desire to bring your spouse along. I suspect they will appreciate you asking and give you permission.

:)

thank you for the quick reply! He and I both sailed Princess last year (which is what I believe Carnival is using as my past guest number... the last time I sailed Carnival was in '98 and I didn't have my number). So I am not sure why he doesn't come up with a past guest number.

I will stop by guest services to let them know when we board and to see if it's ok.

Thanks again!

I read in a post last night (the favorite drinks one) about past guests being invited to a past guest party/reception while onboard...

Do you automatically get invited to this if you're a past guest, or do you need to speak to someone once on board/before you cruise?

What day/when does this party usually take place?

If you're a past guest but your spouse traveling with you is not, is he able to join you?

Thank you

Invite is automatic. Spouse will not be invited if not past guest, but you might be able to sneak him in.

There is no set day and time because it depends on what else is happening on the ship.

Remember that you can get any drink you want, alcoholic or non, by asking for it. Sometimes the servers will say that you can't but you can. I usually get a bloody mary and have gotten a miami vice. We requested ginger ale and was told no but we finally got it. If you have a problem, there will be a bar manager in the room so talk with him.

Carnival has found you in their database, which is why you now have a number. Your DH hasn't sailed, his Princess cruise might get him Past Guest rates in booking a cruise, but it will not give past guest status onboard. You haven't said what cruise you are on, but past guest parties are only on cruises 5 days or longer. EM

Make sure you sit as close to the center of the main show lounge as possible. If you don't, you will barely get any food or drinks. It took me complaining to the Bar Manager about the lack of drinks and food, and we had like five bar waiters and three guys passing food in an instant!

Not sure if we'll do the Past Guest party on Magic or not - all depends on what else is going on.

On my first cruise my DH was a past guest. We asked the guys at the door if I could go as his date and they let me in. I'm sure it's no guarantee though.

On the Valor we sat in the middle near the back and got PLENTY to drink... Maybe a bit too much...lol

Make sure you sit as close to the center of the main show lounge as possible. If you don't, you will barely get any food or drinks. It took me complaining to the Bar Manager about the lack of drinks and food, and we had like five bar waiters and three guys passing food in an instant!

Not sure if we'll do the Past Guest party on Magic or not - all depends on what else is going on.

For drinks I find it is better to stay in the back.

We just got off the Dream yesterday and we sat center towards the back. For a 45 minute party we got 3 rounds of drinks and could of had more but the snacks never made it to us.

Trust me, you didn't miss anything on the snacks. Been to a number of "past guests" parties, and always found the horsd'oeuvres to be of somewhat low quality. But the drinks are not watered down, I'll give them credit for that. :)

thank you for the quick reply! He and I both sailed Princess last year (which is what I believe Carnival is using as my past guest number... the last time I sailed Carnival was in '98 and I didn't have my number). So I am not sure why he doesn't come up with a past guest number.

I will stop by guest services to let them know when we board and to see if it's ok.

Thanks again!

As others have said, sailing on the Princess will not count for a past guest on carnival you have to sail on carnival, after this next cruise on Carnival you will be invited to the past guest party.

You will get an invite your spouse will not. When you get your invite go to guest services and explain that your spouse is traveling with you and that you would like them to attend the party with you. Many times they will give you another invite so that you can both attend.

If you wait and show up at the door with an uninvited guest they may not be allowed in. We saw several couples trying to get in on one invite and they were told the uninvited guest could not attend. But after we were seated we talked to a couple who said they got prior approval and were given a second invite for the spouse.

I think it really depends on how many past guest are on board. On our last cruise there were over 900 past guest on board. While in line to enter the party we saw many uninvited people turned away.

The best Past Guest Party we had was on the Inspiration, in 2008. It was my then 3 year old's 3rd cruise (lucky girl!). She came with us to the party and when they drew the name for the Past Guest Prize.. SHE WON!!

You actually heard moans from the crowd that a child won. It was so funny to see her go on stage and the Cruise Director had to say to everyone... last I knew, kids pay as much to cruise as you adults do!

Our favorite part has is always the short film at the end, where you can cheer for the ships you have sailed on. Always fun!

Catrin

Do they know you're a past guest by your name or does it need to be specified upfront when booking? Inlaws booked a cabin and less than 2 weeks before the cruise I was added to the trip (last week). I told the guy I was a past guest but I don't think he made a note of it and it was an online travel agency. I don't really care if I go or not but was curious. They may not even have it for a 4 day. Kind of wanted my gold card though :-D

Do they know you're a past guest by your name or does it need to be specified upfront when booking? Inlaws booked a cabin and less than 2 weeks before the cruise I was added to the trip (last week). I told the guy I was a past guest but I don't think he made a note of it and it was an online travel agency. I don't really care if I go or not but was curious. They may not even have it for a 4 day. Kind of wanted my gold card though :-D

Past guest parties are on cruises 5 days or more, but you will get a gold card:)

I had read that to find your past guest number, you have to supply the name (accurately) as well as the address and phone number you provided when you booked your carnival cruise.

Last time we were on Carnival was nearly 14 years ago. I'm pretty sure i booked it under my maiden name (as this was for our honeymoon and all ID was still in my maiden name) but i have NO CLUE what our address was back then! I still do have the Sign & Sail cards stored somewhere in the closet (as mementos). Would they be able to locate our past guest number from that?

I had read that to find your past guest number, you have to supply the name (accurately) as well as the address and phone number you provided when you booked your carnival cruise.

Last time we were on Carnival was nearly 14 years ago. I'm pretty sure i booked it under my maiden name (as this was for our honeymoon and all ID was still in my maiden name) but i have NO CLUE what our address was back then! I still do have the Sign & Sail cards stored somewhere in the closet (as mementos). Would they be able to locate our past guest number from that?

when i looked mine up, i just needed my name and birthday. got them for the whole family that way.

Archived