SOV Monarch - Deck Nine - Best Cabins?

I am thinking about booking a four night Monarch of the Seas cruise. There are several forward Superior Ocean View on deck nine available. I know that they are partially obstructed by the lifeboats underneath on deck eight. I am bleary eyed from reading every past thread about which cabin is best, and now I am confused. Does anyone have any suggestions about which one to choose? The RCI person suggested 9010 as the best option. The remaining cabins are all at the very front of the ship.

Screenshot2011-04-18at42635PM.png

Thanks for your help.

Actually if you don't mind the motion from being all the way forward I would probably go for one of the first four cabins, as there is no lifeboat that far forward. Otherwise take the cabin near the elevators. You can still see over the lifeboats.

9036 Hands down. Our girls cruise always stays in the cabins right near the elevator on Deck 9.

I have a picture but not sure where it is located on my computer right now. :( The first 5 cabins forward of the elevators have a small rubber boat instead of the full lifeboat so no real obstruction except your high up on a ship with a window.

9036 will put you over a life boat but if your going to be over one pick one by the elevators :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

From a deck plan found earlier on CC that I can not upload for some reason, I would say 9036 is not as obstructed. really looks like there is no obstruction but I have not been there so can not be 100% sure.

I am thinking about booking a four night Monarch of the Seas cruise. There are several forward Superior Ocean View on deck nine available. I know that they are partially obstructed by the lifeboats underneath on deck eight. I am bleary eyed from reading every past thread about which cabin is best, and now I am confused. Does anyone have any suggestions about which one to choose? The RCI person suggested 9010 as the best option. The remaining cabins are all at the very front of the ship.

Screenshot2011-04-18at42635PM.png

Thanks for your help.

Go with 9010. We just had that cabin on her and it was great. The obsturction was not that bad. When I booked it through Royal, the person suggested the same one and I took her advise. Not disappointed.

Enjoy

The only problem with me and the forward cabins on the Sovereign class of ships is the noise associated with the lowering of the anchor when at CocoCay. Loud and startling is an understatement. And at that hour of the day can be a great alarm clock, pretty early though. ;)

Tim

The only problem with me and the forward cabins on the Sovereign class of ships is the noise associated with the lowering of the anchor when at CocoCay. Loud and startling is an understatement. And at that hour of the day can be a great alarm clock, pretty early though. ;)

Tim

On deck 9 ?

By any chance do you remember which cabin you had and if so how was your view ? Do you think it matters which side of the ship you are on

in terms of anchor noise ?

Don't remember as it has been several years since that cruise. There are anchors on both sides of the ship and their use will vary dependent on wind direction.

TIm

I'm with CruisinDawn. I have done over 12 Monarch cruises and I always go for 9036. Right by the elevator. Straight down the stairs from the WJ. More importantly, muster is indoors in an air conditioned lounge, with a nice seat, watching the others standing outside in the heat.

Archived