Swimsuit coverup that protects from sun exposure?

When I want a swim-suit coverup, I want to protect my skin from too much sun. So I am looking for something with short sleeves, at least.

I have a terrible time finding anything. Ideally, it would also have a pocket for my sign and sail card.

Suggestions?

Google SPF clothing. There's alot of choices, I'd post some links but I'm off to work in a few minutes and my computer's not agreeing with me. They're a little pricey, but my mom has bought some SPF clothing after a cancer scare, and it really does the job.

Is there a particular style you're looking for? Lands End has some long sleeve cover-ups and a variety of styles in all sizes. All I've seen at Target & Walmart are strapless dresses or otherwise skimpy type coverups. I personally have a few sleeveless coverups from LE - a couple are knee length and a couple are ankle length. Bought them on LE Overstock a couple years ago.

Most major department stores have all sorts of swimsuits and coverups

now. You can find very lightweight long sleeves (in a gauzy cotton).

Actually I was in Steinmart after work today (trying on a dress) and

noticed they have some very cute coverups.

Try Hanes.com. I couldn't figure out how to copy the pictures here, but if you look for the Ultimate Stretch Cotton Pocket Dress and the Tab Sleeve Pocket T-shirt dress, you will find simple cotton dresses with pockets. I ordered the Ultimate dress in red to use as a coverup this summer, then on my August cruise. I wore it as a cover-up last week on spring break in Myrtle Beach. WARNING - order a size larger. It shrank a good bit in the wash.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived