Drinks in Dining Room

cmp137

Do they charge you for sodas at dinner if you don't have the soda card?

Standard answer is yes, you will be charged for sodas in the main dining room if you do not have a soda card. If you do have a soda card, you can receive soda in all areas where beverage service is offered, including the main dining room. It does not include through room service or the minibar.

As always with CCL, experiences and procedures will vary ship by ship and even by employee.

Ain't that the truth with everything onboard.:p

Very true! I have tried to add that to my posts where the situations will vary. Just because person or ship X was the exception to the rule, policy, procedure, etc., does not mean person or ship A, B, and C will be as well.

I worry when people post situations they experienced that vary from the norm, because then other cruisers, especially new cruisers, believe that they will be intitled to those as well when they cruise, and then get upset and disappointed when they do not, sometimes to the point that they allow it to ruin their cruising experience.

Kids get a free soda in the MDR without the soda card.

In 5 years our DDs have never had free soda on Carnival. We've only sailed West Coast ports.

(They have on HAL though. HAL used a punch card and they would forget to punch it sometimes.)

What seems to be free soda is the bar waiters remember who has the soda card and just 'drop and run'. After the first night they usually remember.

that's why it pays on carnival to ask multiple peaple the same thing. they are not consistant, and you eventually end up with what you want.

The best tip I've learnt on CC.:D

Archived