Dream: Inside Spa or Cove Balcony

geaux_aces

DW and I are currently booked in Nov. in a 4S. I've read great things about the spa rooms (no smoking and unlimited access) but I am not huge fan of inside rooms and DW occasionally has seasick issues so I worry about being so high and forward. I've also read great things about the cove balconies and can upgrade for only $80 pp. My worries about the cove balconies is being on deck 2 and (from what is left of that category) probably having to be under the galley. While I'd love to have the best of both worlds and book a Spa Balcony there is just no way for us to financially justify that move. So what would you do?

We had a cove balcony and loved it, you will not regret the change. Room 2337, never heard any noise from above. Only the stabalizer bars a couple of times. We just bought the couples spa pass for the week at 250.00 came out cheaper. But if you want the week pass, get it first thing as they only sell a limited amout for the week about 50. This way the spa is never to crowded. We enjoyed the spa very much, and will again get the pass for our Hawaii cruise.

Like Host Mach mentioned, if the spa amenities are not a huge deal to either of you, I'd definitely take the cove balcony. Both my brother & mom had one on our last cruise on the Dream, and they loved them, couldn't say enough great things about them. They loved being 30 ft above the water line, no motion, and very quiet. A couple that we met from our roll call had an inside spa cabin & his fiancé was sick very often because of the motion in the cabin. I'd hate for your wife to be in the same position, especially if she is prone to motion sickness easily.

We had a spa interior on the Dream in October. Just my wife and I. Personally I thought we had plenty of cabin space. If your unsure about the size of the cabin, why not look at one of the Ocean view spa cabins, they are bigger and not much more $. Yes they are obstructed, but the obstruction is the "secret" deck, that you will have very close access to. I didn't think the spa was going to be all that special. Was I wrong? Loved it! All the different thermal rooms and the Thalassotherapy Pool was incredible every morning. Plus the private showers that are in the spa are great...we used them more than our cabin shower...just take the provided robe...and access to the spa is very convenient via a forward staircase or elevator. These cabins are forward but we felt very little movement.

I would also suggest that the $80 "upgrade" to the cove isn't that great of a deal. You are already paying for the spa access with the interior room...on deck 11. Yes I know it's a balcony...that is down on deck 2, the view from deck 11 will be much greater, but this is my opinion.

I guess this is what’s so great about cruising...the options. Choose what’s best for you. We always do. Enjoy! :D

We've been in the Dream inside spa cabins and they can be a bit dark once the lights are turned off. But unless you're planning on spending a lot of time in your cabin, and happen to travel during a time of th eyear when storms are prevalent, sea sickness issues shouldn't be that big of an issue. But as others have posted, unless spa amenities are a big deal for you (as they are for my DW:D) then the cove is a good deal. Plus once on board, you can tour the spa area and purchase day passes if you wish.

DW and I had a cove balcony and love it. We like to sit on our balcony and watch the sunsets, and being that close to the water was a real treat. Plus, we were right above where the harbor pilots jump on and off the Dream, so we got to see that maneuver in Cozumel and Belize.

I switched today. Promised the DW that we could buy her a spa pass if she wanted one. That sealed the deal. Can't wait to see what a Cove is like.

You will LOVE it... it's everything a normal balcony cabin is and more... more privacy... more scent of the salt water... more connection to the sea.

:)

Archived