Lobster in Windjammer too on 2nd Formal Night?

Perki

I was wondering, since the dinner served in Windjammer is nearly the same as what is served in the MDR, does anyone know for certain if they serve the "Fishermans Plate" or whatever they call it (looking for the lobster) on the 2nd formal night in Windjammer or is the only way to get the lobster is to eat in the MDR? Thank you for any info.

The lobster in Freedom of the Seas was served only in the MDR and from what we observed, while there were some similar items each night in the MDR and in the Windjammer, the menus are often different in many respects.

Why eat in the Windjammer and stand on line etc. when you can get excellent food in the MDR and order as much as you care to eat (as we always do) and be served by a professional wait staff? I have three teens and they much prefer the MDR to the cafeteria style buffet. We relax more and get to talk around the dinner table -- it's more special.

Does anyone agree?

P.S. I think the MDR on Freedom of the Seas is outstanding. I guess if you go on the same ship year after year the MDR could become predictable and somewhat boring (like going to the same ports and on the same ship year after year. Variety IS the spice of life!

We have only eaten dinner in the MDR so far. We have never been dissapointed with the food or the service. We enjoy the dining experience and enjoy talking with tablemates about their day. Our teen also loves it. Of course the last time we were on Freedom our waiter, Strawberry, pretty much brought him one of each entree each night. We were thinking about trying WJ for dinner on one of the short cruises but we have not done so as of yet. I really miss the Grand marnier souffle! Please bring it back RCCL!!!

We usually eat more at the Buffet then the MDR. We like to be casual and chill out on vacation and eat when we feel like it. We've tried MTD but found most days we just didn't want to change out of our shorts and flip flops, do the hair and makeup (me) and rush off to dinner.

We have had dinner in both the MDR and the WJ. If we don't care for the selections ib the MDR we have other choices in the Wj. Never had to stand in any lines in WJ. We usually travel with several other couples and often meet up with them in the WJ. The lights are dimmed at nite and we also had table clothes on the tables. Silverware is already on the tables.

Nice change.

We have had dinner in both the MDR and the WJ. If we don't care for the selections ib the MDR we have other choices in the Wj. Never had to stand in any lines in WJ. We usually travel with several other couples and often meet up with them in the WJ. The lights are dimmed at nite and we also had table clothes on the tables. Silverware is already on the tables.

Nice change.

Agree with you 100%....But those that feel the MDR is where they must dine....fine with us... stay there....I don't care to have the WJ overcrowded..We love the quiet atmosphere in the WJ in the evenings...I personally think the MDR is a bit bright and too busy with all the wait staff rushing about...;)

Agree with you 100%....But those that feel the MDR is where they must dine....fine with us... stay there....I don't care to have the WJ overcrowded..We love the quiet atmosphere in the WJ in the evenings...I personally think the MDR is a bit bright and too busy with all the wait staff rushing about...;)

Ashland, you said it exactly right. No need for me to comment further.

To the OP.... no lobster in Oasis's Windjammer on second formal night. Of course, we in New England would not call what they serve in the MDR on RCI ships lobster either.

Another set of Windjammer diners here. Same reasons - more relaxing and quieter. Lots of things to try and share. You can take as much or as little time as you want. You can plan dinner time around the evening's activities. Servers are always around to bring drinks. Love the cooked to order options when they are available.

Doing MTD occasionally is not bad either. It's nice to get a table for 2 - especially on lobster night. MTD is also quicker than regular seating.

I really enjoyed the dining room when I first started cruising. Now, I just want to relax.

Archived