boarding later - is there food available?

Tink56

This is our first cruise so forgive the newbie question. We want to board on the late side (we would really like to see more of Vancouver) so we had planned on arriving at the cruise terminal at 2pm for a 5pm departure on Diamond. My questions are, would you advise this and will there be any food service at that time? Not a full sit down meal, but somewhere that we can get a snack without a huge hassle?

This is our first cruise so forgive the newbie question. We want to board on the late side (we would really like to see more of Vancouver) so we had planned on arriving at the cruise terminal at 2pm for a 5pm departure on Diamond. My questions are, would you advise this and will there be any food service at that time? Not a full sit down meal, but somewhere that we can get a snack without a huge hassle?

Not to worry. There will be food available in Horizon Ct.

A full buffet is available until 3pm with salads, sandwiches, desserts, fruit, etc. after that time until the dinner set-up at 5:30pm; the grill, with hot dogs, hamburgers, etc., will be open all day and into the evening as will the pizza. Not to mention room service. Plenty of options for food 24/7.

LOL!! Thank you so much for the terrific responses. Clearly, I am just starting to understand the whole new world of cruising! I told my bottomless pit teenager about food being available 24/7 and her face lit up!!

LOL!! Thank you so much for the terrific responses. Clearly, I am just starting to understand the whole new world of cruising! I told my bottomless pit teenager about food being available 24/7 and her face lit up!!

Those days of coming downstairs at 2AM for a drink and finding the boxer shorts in the open fridge door view. Our boy or any of the many permanent overnight friends.

Oh, yes, it is a grazer's heaven!! AND you don't have to do the dishes. Find the burger/pizza/ice cream stands before the crowds do. They are in the eave area of the more forward pool. For breakfast they have waffles and order your own omelets, there. YUM, so much more fun to grab there and watch out the windows on cruising mornings!!! or on your break from glacier viewing. First days, no lines, then they're found.

Loved the fruit on the buffet 24/7, and the chocolate croissants. Luckily we walked all over on our excursions and gained no weight.

We loved Vancouver and will probably be back for more time when we do Olympic peninsula trek. Enjoy!!!

If the ship ran out of food by 2:30pm on the first day you would know it before you boarded. The ship would be on fire, the ship's crew would be in the water and most of the passengers would have pitch forks in their hands.

torches_and_pitchforks.jpg

Archived