Help picking ship please!

rdevine10

Hi,

We just completed our 1st cruise on the Disney Dream! Oh, how we LOVED it! We are contemplating another trip for next year and have a few ideas. I need some help please!

My kids will be 9 and 6.

Option 1: NCL Jewel out of NYC in April (goes to FL and Bahamas)- this is a Nick Cruise.

Option 2: Carnival Dream out of Port Canaveral in April or August - Western Caribbean. Looks amazing!

Option 3: Take a 4 or 5 night cruise on Carnival (either the Fascination or Sensation) and do a few days in Orlando. (but, my kids have been to Disney MANY times) in August 2012

Option 4: Take another 4 night Disney Dream Cruise in Oct 2012... might be able to do a day or 2 at Disney.

We loved Disney so much, I am so afraid we will be disappointed now by anything else! Please give suggestions!!!!!!

Thanks!

No one can entertain like the Disney folks...they are EXPERTS! However, aside from different cabin set-ups, you should have a great time on any of your choices! I guess it boils down to the reason for cruising...is the ship or the ports the reason you're going?

One thing to keep in mind if you cruise out of NYC in April is that for the first day or two and the last day or two, the weather will most likely be chilly meaning no pool or lounging in the sun. My sister wasn't prepared for that and it kind of bummed her out that she and her family didn't have a full week of warmth in the sun.

I'd always pick a longer cruise if I could. 4 days on a ship is just too short for me. So my vote would be the Western Caribbean on Carnival in April!

Personally, I think going from the new Disney Dream to an older Carnival ship, you may be setting yourself up for disappointment. Just a thought.

I've been on the older Carnival ships and they don't compare to the Disney ships. So you might want to look to the newer Carnival ships. Or look to a newer Royal Caribbean ship (Freedom or Oasis class).

The Nick cruise isn't a bad idea but jac is right - you will be losing pool days. The Epic would be a better choice -- out of Miami.

thanks everyone so far! I would love to do the Fantasy (its what I really want, but its just too pricey, since it is in its maiden year next year!!!!! Even with the 10% discount of booking onboard, its just too much right now. We WILL do a Fantasy cruise at some point though :)

Thanks for the input regarding the NY sailing (I was worried about the rough waters in April too).

Anyone else please feel free to chime in :)

Anyone done both Disney and the Carnival Dream?

thanks!

Archived