Noordam Mediterranean Formal Nights

TV Dad

Third night, night of sea day after Mallorica, and the Trapani night.

Thanks! Three formal nights? Wow! One more question. . . Our cruise does not go to Trapani. Would that be the same as Palermo?

Hmmmm. Interesting. I am looking at an ad for your cruise right now. It shows Trapani. We were at Trapani last year- very small, tight, shallow port with interesting scenary. Interesting arrival and sailaway. The Capain said they weren't going to Trapani after 2010 due to the port issues. Palermo is a short distance to the east of Trapani.

The "standard" is 3 formal nights for a 10 day cruise.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Cruiser Bruce... As the "standard" formal nights is 3 for a 1 day cruise, does this mean the 20 day Med Cruise ( Noordam in September 2 x 10 back to back) may / will have 6 formal nights..

We are cruising on the Noordam June 20th. Does anyone know what nights are formal nights on this 10 day cruise?

TV Dad - we're on your cruise, starting on June 10th. Based on our experience on Holland America, our formal nights (for your leg) will most likely be the 22nd (Monte Carlo), because they would never do it on the long day with Florence, the 26th (At Sea), and the 28th, Palermo. No other dates really make sense.

Hi Cruiser Bruce... As the "standard" formal nights is 3 for a 1 day cruise, does this mean the 20 day Med Cruise ( Noordam in September 2 x 10 back to back) may / will have 6 formal nights..

My best guess is that formal nights for the "Roman Empire" leg of the 20 day cruise will be the first full day (at sea), the night of Katakolon with departure at 2pm, and the second day at sea. This itinerary is actually ideal for how HAL likes to schedule formal nights (in our experience).

Yes. We were on the 20 day last year with a ton of your fellow Aussies- 600 on one 10 day, 800 on the other- and we had 6 for the entire cruise.

My best guess is that formal nights for the "Roman Empire" leg of the 20 day cruise will be the first full day (at sea), the night of Katakolon with departure at 2pm, and the second day at sea. This itinerary is actually ideal for how HAL likes to schedule formal nights (in our experience).

That is correct.

Yes. We were on the 20 day last year with a ton of your fellow Aussies- 600 on one 10 day, 800 on the other- and we had 6 for the entire cruise.

Thanks Bruce... Our first cruise... millions of things running through my mind. CC is a great site to get some background info.

We are on the 20-day Noordam cruise beginning June 10. I called HAL, and there are 5 formal nights. June 11, June 28, and three Captains Choice nights, yet to be decided.

Thanks so much for checking and reporting. It is good to know. I'm guessing - just speculating - that it will be the second leg with only two formal nights.

We are on the 20-day Noordam cruise beginning June 10. I called HAL, and there are 5 formal nights. June 11, June 28, and three Captains Choice nights, yet to be decided.

Truthfully, I wouldn't expect the home office to know how many formal nights, or particularly what dates they might be. That is usually determined by the Hotel Manager.

Is this two 10 day cruises also be sold as a Collectors 20 day? If so, there should be 4 set dates- 2 for each half. So, I am not giving a lot of credibility to the Home Office statement. If they said 5 or 6, and it's up to the Captain, that would be better info, I think.

I am on the Noordam for the 10 day starting June 10, and my boarding pass says there are 3 formal nights.

You made me curious, so I went to look at my husband's boarding pass for the second 10 day segment starting June 20th, and it says three formal nights as well. I guess will find out on the ship. :)

Archived