What flight time from Barcelona

We will be sailing on the Brilliance in October. Checking flights....the times I feel safe with spend the night in Munich or Madrid. Really dont want to do that. What time would be the earliest you would book a flight ? Seeing some at 9:45 am...too early ??

We were off the ship at 7:30am literally in minutes. Cabs lined up waiting for us. We were at the airport a little before 8am and our flight was @ 11:30am. LONG wait. I wish we would have booked an earlier flight, but given the possibilities of delay I wouldn't really recommend anything earlier than 10:00- 10:30am. Or call the cruise line and use their recommend earliest time. But based on our experience a couple years back we would have made a 9:45am flight. Depends if you like to gamble or not and what your stress level is about possibly missing a flight.

We have always been able to get off and to the airport pretty quickly but I would be nervous with a 9:45 flight. It would be the time there is a custom problem or the ship arrives late. The cruiselines will tell you to book after 12:00.

Kirk

Yes,we are all a little nervous about that early flight. We were planning on going 2 days pre-cruise but now I think we will go 1 day pre and 1 day post. Not real thrilled about post cruise but it will be much less stressful.

Op, We are sailing on the Liberty in Oct. I was VERY nervous about the 1030 am flight, so I found one that leaves Barcelona at 1230. I would rather take my time getting off the ship and have a bit of a wait at the airport than have my last morning of vacation be rushed and frantic while trying to get to the airport... lol.

We have just booked and the flight time that Royal has given us to fly back home from Barcelona is 11-15 , i did queery this as it seemed a bit early but i was assured it would be fine , i'm not concerned as its a Royal package and so they will be transfering us to the airport too , if we miss our flight they will have to let us get back on the ship ;)

We have just booked and the flight time that Royal has given us to fly back home from Barcelona is 11-15 , i did queery this as it seemed a bit early but i was assured it would be fine , i'm not concerned as its a Royal package and so they will be transfering us to the airport too , if we miss our flight they will have to let us get back on the ship ;)

We had an 11.10 flight last week and were at the airport 3 hours before. It was an RCL package and we were in group 4 to depart the ship at 6.45 am.

I think the first people were off the ship around 6.30, you should have plenty of time.

Julie

We will be sailing on the Brilliance in October. Checking flights....the times I feel safe with spend the night in Munich or Madrid. Really dont want to do that. What time would be the earliest you would book a flight ? Seeing some at 9:45 am...too early ??

:cool:Just a thought since I do not know where you are from BUT--east coast flights into Barcelona usually leave in evening, arriving early. Just in time to board ship. Flights out of Barcelona usually leave AM. Why not spend that last day in Barcelona and see a fantastic city. Take double decker bus trip (2 directions), walk Los Ramblas, relax, and go home early next day. You may never go back, and it is a beautiful city with fantastic sights:cool:

We left the ship at 8:30am and took the bus, metro and train and was still at the airport by 9:30am! In fact arrived at the same time as a RCCL bus.

No need to pay for RCCL to transport you - it will cost you 2 euros for the port bus and 3 or 4 for the metro/train. We had a T10 for around 8 Euros that gave us 10 trips, and that can be shared between people - so 5 of you could travel for the 8 euros to the airport. A bargain.

We left the ship at 8:30am and took the bus, metro and train and was still at the airport by 9:30am! In fact arrived at the same time as a RCCL bus.

No need to pay for RCCL to transport you - it will cost you 2 euros for the port bus and 3 or 4 for the metro/train. We had a T10 for around 8 Euros that gave us 10 trips, and that can be shared between people - so 5 of you could travel for the 8 euros to the airport. A bargain.

Our flight last week was 3pm , we got to the airport around 10-15 purelt because we took our own luggage and got off the ship at 9am , we got a taxi it cost around 30 euros , we didnt fancy lugging the luggage and two kids around ,our next cruise we have a flight for 11-15 so we wont have to wait around so long at the airport , its a nice quick ride to Barcelona from the port .

Just wondering how much RC transport actualy is , its all included in our next package .

If you go over to the Ports of Call section/Europe/Spain there are plenty of horror stories about the ship being delayed due to customs, weather, etc. Also, very long check-in and security lines at the airport before you get to your gate.

Last summer we also had a 10:30 a.m. flight and decided not to risk ruining a vacation by missing the plane. We stayed over in Barcelona the day we disembarked and was able to tour the city without jet lag.

But its really your call. How much do you like living on the edge?

:cool:Just a thought since I do not know where you are from BUT--east coast flights into Barcelona usually leave in evening, arriving early. Just in time to board ship. Flights out of Barcelona usually leave AM. Why not spend that last day in Barcelona and see a fantastic city. Take double decker bus trip (2 directions), walk Los Ramblas, relax, and go home early next day. You may never go back, and it is a beautiful city with fantastic sights:cool:

We are on the East Coast...actually looking at a flight from Buffalo to Philly then non stop to Barcelona. Great flight going. I guess there are no later flights leaving BCN than 9:45. We will be spending disembark day in Barcelona. Not worth worrying about missing a flight. I should add that I did find one flight that left later but it flew to Munich were we would have a 17 hour layover....that's not going to happen. We might as well have a good 17 hours in Barcelona !

Archived