Grand Princess for 1st time cruisers?

cruising oceangal

We are thinking about booking the Grand Princess this fall and will have 6 new cruisers joining us. We found Princess to be our favorite cruise line but have never been on the Grand. Would appreciate any thoughts from seasoned cruisers. Would you recommend this ship for 1st time cruisers?

Thanks for your help!

The Grand is our favorite ship. After it's extensive dry dock, it will be even better!

The Grand is every bit as large as the newer grand class ships such as the Ruby; however, it's passenger complement is quite a bit less. That's a big plus for us.

You won't regret sailing on the the Grand Princess...

Lew

I have been on the Grand a few times now and in fact it was our first cruise ship. Because it is now in dry dock. if you cruise on the Grand, it will be like a brand new ship. I would not hessitate for a minute to go on the Grand again and again.

We have been on the Grand twice and really love the ship (even though it had an engine fire on one of the cruises we were on). As another poster said, it holds 500 less people than the newer Grand class ships, but still has most, if not all of the amenities, especially after the dry dock is completed. It is my favorite Princess ship, and I have sailed on all of the Grand Class ships.

Mike

We were just on the Grand for 14 days, our second cruise on her, and we think she's just about the perfect ship for us size wise - and while she needed some touching up while we were on her she'll be stunning when they get done with her!

We are boarding the "new" Grand Princess on May 5th. I will be doing a LIVE from the ship...

I'm looking forward to that, Pia, as we will be boarding her on September 20th for a 14-day out of Southampton.

Don't forget to bring your overalls and toolbox as I understand passengers will be required to complete updates noy finished by the end of dry dock. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

I'm looking forward to that, Pia, as we will be boarding her on September 20th for a 14-day out of Southampton.

Don't forget to bring your overalls and toolbox as I understand passengers will be required to complete updates noy finished by the end of dry dock. :rolleyes:

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

You don't scare me, Lew. I wield a pretty good screwdriver and pliers. It's a hammer that gets me. :eek:

The Golden Princess (the Grand's sister ship) was our first cruise and started us on our cruising adventures. It was the perfect first cruise for us and we have sailed on several different lines and many different ships. Would not hesitate to recommend the Grand for a first time cruiser.

The Golden Princess (the Grand's sister ship) was our first cruise and started us on our cruising adventures. It was the perfect first cruise for us and we have sailed on several different lines and many different ships. Would not hesitate to recommend the Grand for a first time cruiser.

The Golden was our first as well - and you know what they say about your first! :-) We took her to Canada/New England and we've been on 8 cruises since then and going back to Canada/New England a 4th time in October.

We love that size ship!

Thanks everyone! We are going to book the Grand Princess! I was watching the videos of the refurbish and can't wait to sail on her! It will be "brand new" with all the new updates.

I hope our "new cruisers" will have the same experience we had with our 1st cruise. It was on the Golden Princess and we got totally hooked on cruising, lol!

One of your group should refer the rest (5 others) to princess in order to get the referral credit. It is $25.00 pp off your cruise fare, and $25.00 X5 ($125.00) for the person who refers. However, you must do the referalls BEFORE they book. You just enter their info on your Cruise Personalizer which you have set up when you book. If this seems confusing, ask your travel agent or come back and someone here will do a better job explaining it than I have!!!:D

and we loved it so much last year we are going back next year to the same ship and cabin. We feel like we've found the cruise line thats right for us (although I've nothing to compare it to ;)). We were a party of 4 1st timers and all adored it.

One of your group should refer the rest (5 others) to princess in order to get the referral credit. It is $25.00 pp off your cruise fare, and $25.00 X5 ($125.00) for the person who refers. However, you must do the referalls BEFORE they book. You just enter their info on your Cruise Personalizer which you have set up when you book. If this seems confusing, ask your travel agent or come back and someone here will do a better job explaining it than I have!!!:D

Thanks Liz for the information! I'll make sure I sign them up before we book.

Archived