Can I book with RC and then switch to TA??

Hubby and I will be booking two cabins (daughter and family will be joining us). I usually book with a TA but am quite confused with cabins on Oasis and thought RC rep could help me better in finding 2 adjoining cabins in our price range. Our TA offers free travel insurance. Can I switch to the TA after booking with RC and is there a time limitation is doing so. Thank you.

Hubby and I will be booking two cabins (daughter and family will be joining us). I usually book with a TA but am quite confused with cabins on Oasis and thought RC rep could help me better in finding 2 adjoining cabins in our price range. Our TA offers free travel insurance. Can I switch to the TA after booking with RC and is there a time limitation is doing so. Thank you.

You can switch anytime before final payment has been made.

That is NO LONGER TRUE!! You can only switch within 60 days of booking, and then only if final payment has not been made.

I just switched a reservation that I made in June 2010 directly with RCL to a TA this week. Maybe it changed for reservations made after I made mine???

I just went through this with my reservation. You are supposed to move the reservation within 60 days of initial booking, but your TA may be able to call RCI and move it after that time period. They did it for me. I was booked about 6 months ago, and they moved my reservation over without an issue.

Like you, I prefer to book with RCI so I have my room and know exactly what the costs are, then shop around for the best OBC and bonus offers.

Good luck.

My reservation on Oasis is only 2 weeks old... but I just started the transfer process yesterday. I couldn't resist getting the $100 credit, prepaid gratuties, specialty dinner for 2 ($50) and a $100 spa treatment for the same price I had already been given with RCI for my D1 bacony room.

I'd like to think that if you have a TA you trust and want to use, you'd believe that they are knowledgeable enough to understand the different cabin categories on the Oasis class ships and can find you connecting (I'm assuming you want connecting and not just adjoining, which do not have a door between them) cabins for the sailing you'd like.

Have you asked the TA? Given them a chance to look for you and come back with options? Most TAs (and I don't say all because no group is perfect) with experience booking Royal understand the different categories and can find you adjoining or connecting cabins if they exist.

Archived