Getting Table For 2 On Celebrity?

TxnAquarian

I have my first X cruise this June on Equinox in the Med. Is it hard to get tables for 2 in the MDR? I'm not unsocial, but my partner and I prefer quiet dinners. =) Is it worth talking to the Maitre'D on embarkation day?

Michael

I imagine you have already requested a table for two. If you do not get one (you will find your dining assignment on a card in your stateroom when you board), the first thing you should do is go to the Maitre'D and put your name on his list for your desired table. This has worked for us sometimes but not all the time. The other way to get a table for two is to do Select Dining.

We are the same as you - prefer a quiet dinner for two, especially as hubby has difficulty hearing those speaking across a larger table against the background hum of conversation.

We have just returned from two 7 day, b2b cruises on Celebrity Summit. We selected a table for 2 at the time of booking; but did not attend the first night in the MDR as this was our first cruise and we wanted to see sailaway. On the 2nd night, found that our table was in fact a table for eight. We saw the Maitre D' the next day and were reassigned to a table for two. Bruno, our Assistant Maitre D' came to our table each evening and we said that we would like the same again next week and he came through for us.

I imagine that you selected your dining preference at the time of booking. If not, this can be done on the Manage My Booking link on the Celebrity website.

Your should receive notice of your table number on a card in your Stateroom. I think it's worth going to the Maitre D' when you board to check your table assignment (location and size) and then, if it is not what you want, change it at that point. They were more than willing to accommodate what we wanted; and if we hadn't delayed our first experience in the MDR, I'm sure it would have been done sooner.

Have a great trip:)

You could upgrade to Aqua, and dine in Blu, which is mainly tables for two, but many are only inches apart.

We had a table for 2 on Equinox, there was another table for two no more than 8" away, and it was like a table for 4, fortunately, we got on well with our neighbours!

Richard

I have never experienced quiet dining in the MDR. Even with a table for two, the room was quite lively and spirited conversations throughout. The only dining experience that has proved to be more quiet is in specialty restaurants.

However, I have never had trouble getting a table for two. Good luck.

We took the Equniox on a Holy Land cruise a year or so ago when it was new. We had several tables for 2 in the MDR. After 5 nights, we skipped the MDR for the remaining 6 nights because it was very noisy and tables were so close together that we were annoyed by wait staff constantly going between tables to serve and we found the service uneven.

Our alternative was the Lido, it was often quieter and more relaxing. Traveling in the Mediterranean it is also nice to enjoy the view in the evening, this is not possible in the MDR. Mention this as another option because it is surprising more pleasant sometimes than the MDR.

We have booked AQ class for our next Celebrity cruise, we will try BLU. If it does not meet our expectaitons we will go to the Lido again.

Thanks very much for the helpful replies. Actually, the Lido sounds like a great option. I have always enjoyed that previously on Crystal Cruises. Is the Lido by reservation or can you just show up?

It is the Buffet.

I have my first X cruise this June on Equinox in the Med. Is it hard to get tables for 2 in the MDR? I'm not unsocial, but my partner and I prefer quiet dinners. =) Is it worth talking to the Maitre'D on embarkation day?

Michael

TxnAquarian: Congrats on going on your first cruise on Celebrity Cruise Line. I have not had that problem in the past. You could talk to the Maitre'D, but, there are no promises.

Thanks very much for the helpful replies. Actually, the Lido sounds like a great option. I have always enjoyed that previously on Crystal Cruises. Is the Lido by reservation or can you just show up?

No reservations required, buffet as someone else said.

On Equinox in Jan. we had My Time Dining and requested a table for two when we arrived. The tables were close enough to be able to ask a question or strike up a conversation with the table next to you, but the wait staff was able to walk between them.

Enjoy your cruise.

I've read people suggesting that the first thing you should do when you board is go to the main dining room and ask the maitre d' to see your table assignment so that you can change it sooner than later, should it not be to your liking.

As a general statement, the maitre d' will accomodate any reasonable request that is within his or her power. Changing tables is certainly reasonable so if he/she has a table open that is more to your liking there's no reason they would not meet this request.

If it's important to you, go there first (it's not far from where you board) and see what the situation is. The sooner you do, the more likely they'll be able to accomodate.

As others have noted, a "table for two" is a relative term. The tables are all close to each other.

Archived