Radiance afts deck 10

Hoping you cruisers can help me out here. I'm looking to book a block of the aft rooms/ste on deck 10 ( 1098,1102,1100,1104,1604,1600). I normally only book on the decks that are between other decks with staterooms, but these rooms are below the windjammer. Has anyone stayed in this area and had noise problems? We are going to Alaska and plan on some nice balcony time too.

We’ve been in 1102 and 1104 and only had a slight problem with folks at the back if the Windjammer chattering while we were going through the Canal. We are not able hear the commentary. We leaned “up” and explained our issue. They were very nice and had not realized how much their voices carried.

I am surprised all those cabins are still available. They are prime real estate

Lovely balconies.

Enjoy

You shouldn't have any additional noise....the only thing over your will be the outdoor seating area...hardly "rowdy"! The folks can look down and see a small portion of your balcony...near the rail, but that's about it.

We had all 3 D1 Aft on Serenade and loved them. Never had any issues from Windjammer above us.. Plus loved the oversized balconies. I have already booked same cabin for next March.. Take it if you can !!

We've been in 1100, 1602 and 1600. 1602 was the only cabin where we heard anything from above. Be aware that, if you're standing at the railing of any of those cabins other than 1098, people can see you. So don't go out in your birthday suit.:eek::D

Also, 1098 is shown as obstructed view, as I recall. It's minor, just a bit of window washing equipment.

You can see photos of all 4 cabins I've talked about by following the link in my signature. Only the exterior of 1098, but a full album of the other 3 (with the pre-2007 bedding).

As others have said, the only real noise you might hear is when you are outside on the balcony from people who are dining outside up above. Seeing as this is an Alaska cruise, I expect very few people will ever be using that area.

We were in cabin 1602 aft we only heard noise one evening when they were moving tables above us for cleaning. The aft area of the Radiance has been experiencing some plumbing issues hopefully it will be fixed during it's upcoming dry dock.

Hoping you cruisers can help me out here. I'm looking to book a block of the aft rooms/ste on deck 10 ( 1098,1102,1100,1104,1604,1600). I normally only book on the decks that are between other decks with staterooms, but these rooms are below the windjammer. Has anyone stayed in this area and had noise problems? We are going to Alaska and plan on some nice balcony time too.

Are you by chance booking for the May 4th 2012 sailing. We are in an aft balcony but I noticed almost every other aft was still open as well as some hump cabins as of last week. Doesn't seem to be selling well but it's early in the process and the cruise is very early in the season

Thank you all for your responses. I'm so nervous about the above noise but want these rooms! I will call and book now I guess it's for next summer so im lucky they are avail all together I guess.

I have 1104 booked for Alaska Sept 2. I PROMISE to come back here and do a thorough review and let you know what you can expect :D

• 3 weeks later...

Just got back from Panama Canal transit and had 1604. Wonderful cabin! I think it was a bit longer than a normal D2 and the balcony is HUGE! (1/2 the size of the cabin at least). No problems with noise, except once DH heard very loud scraping noise from the Windjammer deck at around 3 am. I heard nothing and slept right through it.

We convinced our cabin steward to put some loungers out there for us and even with those there we still had plenty of room. Also, except when the sun is at the perfect angle, you'll have part shade and part sun out there, and also very little wind, even on the windiest days, which makes the balcony very usable.

Archived