what happens if.....

melanie1877

Only 9 days to go till my second cruise on Pride!!! Can't wait....just have a quick last minute question. For those of you who have done the Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport itinerary, what happens if the weather doesn't cooperate and we miss the HMC port? Do we end up with another "fun day at sea", or do they give us an alternate port? I really, really, don't want to miss this port, but I have heard that this happens, so I was wondering what they do in this case? Just wondering, I like to be prepared! Regardless, I plan on having a great time.....:)

Only 9 days to go till my second cruise on Pride!!! Can't wait....just have a quick last minute question. For those of you who have done the Grand Turk, Half Moon Cay, Freeport itinerary, what happens if the weather doesn't cooperate and we miss the HMC port? Do we end up with another "fun day at sea", or do they give us an alternate port? I really, really, don't want to miss this port, but I have heard that this happens, so I was wondering what they do in this case? Just wondering, I like to be prepared! Regardless, I plan on having a great time.....:)

We missed HMC last December due to high winds......they gave us a credit for port taxes and it was a fun day at sea.

The chances of them knowing well enough in advance that weather will stop you seeing a port and being able to reschedule that last minute are probably slim and none.

As previous poster said you get taxes only on the port charges.. around $10 pp back. you dont get port charges back.

We missed Cozueml a few years back because of hurricane Wilma. We had a fun day at sea, port taxes refunded to our SS accounts and also our excursion was refunded back to SS accounts.

We booked our excursion thru the ship so it was no problem to get that refunded. Thats another good reason to book excursions thru the ship and not independently. I don't know how hard it would be to get your money back thru an independant booking.

We hung around an extra few hours until the weather (fortunately) cleared. We began tendering at around noon, which was about 3 hours late.

As others have mentioned, you typically don't find out until it's too late to redirect. The good news is, that sometimes a little patience will still yield you a half day.

Thank you all for your responses. I kind of figured that it would be too late to do an alternate port, but I wasn't sure how close it was to other islands that Carnival uses as ports of call. As far as getting refunded taxes and such, I wasn't really worried about that, just hate to miss a port (even though everyone says you shouldn't cruise for ports, I can't help it, I love the ports ;).) Because of everything that I've read on this board, I can't wait to visit HMC, so I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed. Thanks again!:)

I am on the same cruise, 05/08 been there before. Luck of the Weather. HMC was to windy last time so we hung around for alittle while and then headed for the next port. Its the chance you take. We love the ports but you won't know how the weather will be till you get there and the Capt looks it over. keep thinking good weather. :D

Due to a medical emergency on the Carnival Liberty's March 19th sailing we returned to Miami on the first night to drop off a sick passenger and had to bypass Half Moon Cay. We were refunded eighteen dollars per passenger and had an extra sea day. We traveled directly to Puerto Rico and due to a second medical emergency involving a crew member while enroute we stopped for a short time at Turks and Caicos while that crew member was off loaded by a tender.

Archived