Agency won't honor Crown & Anchor Certificates

I'm bummed. We are Diamond members wanting to book a balcony on a cruise that offers Crown and Anchor discount of $150 plus $50 for past passenger balcony discount or $200 per cabin. Wanted to book with a agency offering free gratuities, spa credit and specialty restaurant. Agency says cannot honor Royal Caribbean discounts. To me this means, a brand new customer who has never sailed with RC gets $162 worth of gratuities, $25 spa and $50 specialty restaurant. Just doesn't seem right HELP

I'm bummed. We are Diamond members wanting to book a balcony on a cruise that offers Crown and Anchor discount of $150 plus $50 for past passenger balcony discount or $200 per cabin. Wanted to book with a agency offering free gratuities, spa credit and specialty restaurant. Agency says cannot honor Royal Caribbean discounts. To me this means, a brand new customer who has never sailed with RC gets $162 worth of gratuities, $25 spa and $50 specialty restaurant. Just doesn't seem right HELP

Sounds like the agency has a block of rooms at a group rate. This doesnt allow them to add your C/A disc. Call RCL and they can explain this for you.

Check out other travel agents then... I just got $100 on board credit, $50 dinner, $100 spa treatment and free pre-paid gratuities for booking a balcony room on the Oasis. They also state they honor C&A discounts (which I don't have as a first time RCI cruiser). That pricing is good for both the Allure and Oasis and ends tomorrow. You can find them in the travel agents section here on CC.

I did not think that you could combine both the C and A discount voucher and the past passenger balcony discount.

This is what I was told by Crown and Anchor in the UK - so not sure if the same applies in the USA. I had 2 x £25 past passenger discount and £90 C and A voucher and they would only apply one discount.

Karen

Are you talking about the diamond balcony discount or the other C&A diiscount certificates? If you are talking about both only one can be used as per RCCL rules. If not, I would get another TA and prior to booking ask the question about using the certificates and also discuss price drops.

Sounds like the agency has a block of rooms at a group rate. This doesnt allow them to add your C/A disc. Call RCL and they can explain this for you.

You most certainly can apply balcony discounts or C/A certificates to group bookings.

OP you can use your balcony discount OR your C/A certificate, not both. If they won't honor you shouldn't book with them. What else don't they honor? Price drops? etc?

You most certainly can apply balcony discounts or C/A certificates to group bookings.

OP you can use your balcony discount OR your C/A certificate, not both. If they won't honor you shouldn't book with them. What else don't they honor? Price drops? etc?

Sue - you said it before I could!

They changed the rules awhile ago that you can use the balcony discount with ONE other Royal Caribbean discount like booking on board OBC, next cruise letter or a quarterly certificate that you get from them. What you cannot do is combine a balcony discount and stockholder's OBC.

Find another TA.

Tucker in Texas

They changed the rules awhile ago that you can use the balcony discount with ONE other Royal Caribbean discount like booking on board OBC, next cruise letter or a quarterly certificate that you get from them. What you cannot do is combine a balcony discount and stockholder's OBC.

Find another TA.

Tucker in Texas

The balcony discount can not be combined with the quarterly certificates - the balcony discount and the quarterly certificates can be combined with a next cruise certificate/obc but not with each other.

At least you found out beforehand. I just transferred a booking that I made directly with RCL and did not do my homework. I just recieved an email from the online agency that since I used a Diamond discount and a B of A certificate they can not honor the perks. Now I am going to see if they will release the booking back to me. Lesson learned.

At least you found out beforehand. I just transferred a booking that I made directly with RCL and did not do my homework. I just recieved an email from the online agency that since I used a Diamond discount and a B of A certificate they can not honor the perks. Now I am going to see if they will release the booking back to me. Lesson learned.

Are you past final payment? Has the price changed? If no, then cancel with them and rebook, make sure they don't charge a cancellation fee.

In some cases, the discounts reduce the commissionable cost of cruising, and that is why the agency would reduce their perks if you used ceretain incentives.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

Are you past final payment? Has the price changed? If no, then cancel with them and rebook, make sure they don't charge a cancellation fee.

Thanks Sue, we are not past final payment but unfortunately the price has gone up quite a bit. Also there is a B of A coupon applied that we would lose. Maybe they will release it. Did not do my homework on this one.

In some cases, the discounts reduce the commissionable cost of cruising, and that is why the agency would reduce their perks if you used ceretain incentives.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

The problem is they woo you with these great offers and then take them away from you when you ask for a price drop. That is why I stopped using a certain agency. Really in the end I got nothing from them at all, so what was the point.

Since everyone is talking about the rules around Discounts for coupons and Balconies, I'll answer your question about your situation...

You are able to use the Diamond and Balcony discount with this promotion. I know this because I booked using the promotion and it was combinable with the $225 6-month out Diamond Balcony Discount. Call your TA again. It's also combinable with Senior and Resident Discounts. You can not use it with the C&A coupon code. If they still don't budge.. there are plenty of other TA's offering the promo. Do it now because it expires May 2nd.

Archived