Can you remove a bed from room?

Cuellar

We're considering doing a carnival cruise (Splendor out of LA) next year.

We're getting about 5-6 cabins for family, but DD (2), DS (8 mo), DW and I were considering either getting 2 cabins for our foursome or getting 1 bigger cabin and packing people in. I assume DS will be in a PnP, and DD probably can sleep in a bed.

One option is the grand suite, but it seems pretty small. It has a tub which is nice, but not much floor space. Cost is $4,900.

Other option is getting 2 rooms next to each other and opening up the door. We figure we can have nap time and babies sleep in one cabin and us in the other, which gives us a ton of extra space for DS to crawl around (and when grandma is watching one, they can play in the room). 2 Balconies run $3,200.

Seems to me the 2 balconies would be a way better option due to price, combined room size, and options to close off the rooms slightly during nap time. What do you guys think?

Other question is, has anyone ever asked for 1 bed to be broken down or removed to provide extra space in the room? It'd make putting the PnP in much easier. I'm not sure if the splendor beds are fold up or what.

i do not know if they will take a bed out, but with the beds together as a queen you would have a little more room. I would be certain to ask the room steward to remove the glass coffee table though both for safety and extra space for the baby to crawl around.

Does the Splendor have Ocean Suites? they have more floor space without having to pay for the Grand Suite, and they also have tubs.

Good luck.

Beverly

I would not be a big fan of putting a 2 year old and an 8 month old in a cabin by themselves, even if it is connecting. You can't keep an eye on them! I would just get a balcony for the 4 of you. Or, look at other cruiselines for better pricing and/or larger cabins.

You can "keep an eye on them" just fine, in a connecting cabin! They'll be closer on the ship than they probably are at home, in a room down the hall!!!!

You really won't need to move a bed out...there will be plenty of floor space.

And yes. 2 connecting cabins is the way to go.

Not sure where you are coming from with room sizes, but either suite would not be crowded with two P&Ps. Here are pics I took of Cat. 11 and Cat. 12 suites on Splendor. Please take into account that I did not stay in these rooms, and they are in disarray because the only time I can get pictures is early when they are still cleaning the rooms at the end of the cruise. First is Cat. 11, OS:

BG-15.jpg

BG-16.jpg

I will do the Cat 12 cabin in another post, as CC only allows six pictures per post. EM

Wow, thank you Essiesmom! That really does a good job showing the exact room size. It was hard to tell just from the website, but I think either suite would be easy to put in 2 adults + 2 kids (although they only let 3 people into an OS).

I'll have to see if I can book an OS for 3, then just book DS with my mom in a balcony right next door (and just have him sleep in our room).

Thanks for the advice all!

We did 2 adjoining balcony rooms on a Disney cruise once for our 16 month old and 3 year old. It was GREAT to have them in their "own" room. Let us enjoy being in the room while they were sleeping in the next room. At that age, my kids would NOT sleep well being able to see us, so it worked well for them to have their one sleeping room.

Getting two cabins is great and as long as they are connecting rooms they aren't really any different from being at home. Your kids will be closer than at home. Just make sure to deadbolt the doorway to the hall. A two year old can't reach that. So great to have two bathrooms- two tvs and the space. In fact, if you go this route... bring a sitter along. If you have neice or teenager that can come with you it will be a great help

Archived