I-95 S and Tolls

prettybrowneyes

You should go to the East coast departures board and ask this ?. Interstate roads are toll free except for bridges and tunnels. From Ga. to Ft. L. I belive are bridge and tunnel free.

Interstate roads are toll free except for bridges and tunnels.
Not true nationwide, but in terms of the OP's original question, yes.

OP, you will encounter no tolls on I-95 from GA to Ft Lauderdale, and none from the highway exit to the port.

Not true nationwide, but in terms of the OP's original question, yes.

OP, you will encounter no tolls on I-95 from GA to Ft Lauderdale, and none from the highway exit to the port.

I've driven from NY to Fla many times. Only bridges and tunnels have tolls. I 80 to Cal. toll free. What Interstate roads have tolls. Just asking, not for an argument.

I drive it myself, just stay on I95 all the way and no tolls. There is a toll road to the west, (out of your way to drive west to me and then back to the port from the west... not worth taking unless there is a big accident on I95. Iv driven it quite a few times. I used to live in Boca Raton, about 30 minutes north of Port Everglades.

If you had to take I-75, just past Ocala, Fl. you will veer left off I-75 on to the Florida turnpike and will pay a toll shortly. There are a couple of tolls until Orlando. I think about $3.50 total. After Orlando is where you start paying more. You can take 528 over to I-95 and miss the tolls after that. Total tolls are around $15.00 all the way to Ft. Lauderdale.

From Savannah though I-95 has no tolls.

I've driven from NY to Fla many times. Only bridges and tunnels have tolls. I 80 to Cal. toll free. What Interstate roads have tolls. Just asking, not for an argument.

You said I-87 as one in a later post, but it's all of the New York State Thruway, both the I-87 and I-90 portions. The New Jersey Turnpike is I-95 and that also has tolls, and you might well have taken that route on your way to Florida. The Pennsylvania Turnpike is I-76, I-476, and I-276 and it has tolls as well. I-80/I-90 in Ohio and Indiana, I-90 and I-88 in part of Illinois are others.

You said I-87 as one in a later post, but it's all of the New York State Thruway, both the I-87 and I-90 portions. The New Jersey Turnpike is I-95 and that also has tolls, and you might well have taken that route on your way to Florida. The Pennsylvania Turnpike is I-76, I-476, and I-276 and it has tolls as well. I-80/I-90 in Ohio and Indiana, I-90 and I-88 in part of Illinois are others.

Yes you are right and I was wrong for posting bad info sorry. [What was I thinking]. Check this out the N.J.T. south of exit #7 is not I-95. I-95 is in Pa. I take I-195 to I-295 and pay less then $3.00 in tolls for three exits on the NJT. and no tolls on the interstate thats where my bad info started. And their is less traffic on I-295. Its a good ride.

The Florida Turnpike runs parallel to I 95 for the last 200 miles or so and if you like tolls you can use it but never saw the point. Only advantage is less exits and entrances.

The Florida Turnpike is much more pleasant than I-95. We'll jump over to it if going to the keys.

Archived