Coffee all day?

RedbirdFL

don't let DH get too excited, the coffee tastes like hell. I fight it down each morning, mostly for the caffeine.

So true on the coffee. I usually drink it black but have to put milk in it to taste half way good.

I don't think the coffee is bad at all. The cups are small. But they are bigger than the ones in the MDR. I think those are 4oz.

I agree....I always manage to spill some when I lift up the cup. I'm tempted to bring an empty Lido coffee cup to dinner.

Melanie

It is instant coffee. either by powder or liquid, but I find that if I add sugar and cream and a touch of cocoa, it's quite good. Most ships have a coffee shop, but they serve expresso, you can get a cafe americano. You can always bring your own instant like starbucks(way too expensive) but free coffee 24/7 is just fine with me.:)

Growing up in a Navy household, then 26 years in the Coast Guard I to look forward to my morning, and other times during the day, coffee. Yes it is not Dunkin Donuts coffee or other supermarket brand names not sure if I can mention. It is tolerable with some milk and sugar. One morning for a change I tried the hot cocoa :), YUM ;). Now for breakfast onboard I drink the hot cocoa, and even after dinner instead of the coffee.

Do suggest you bring your own travel, or bubba type, mug. The cold beverages from the lido are also available all day, So fill up you mug, and go relax by the pool, or wherever.

For a change, if you can figure the right mix, try soft serve with the cocoa. Homemade milkshake.

Growing up in a Navy household, then 26 years in the Coast Guard I to look forward to my morning, and other times during the day, coffee. Yes it is not Dunkin Donuts coffee or other supermarket brand names not sure if I can mention. It is tolerable with some milk and sugar. One morning for a change I tried the hot cocoa :), YUM ;). Now for breakfast onboard I drink the hot cocoa, and even after dinner instead of the coffee.

Do suggest you bring your own travel, or bubba type, mug. The cold beverages from the lido are also available all day, So fill up you mug, and go relax by the pool, or wherever.

For a change, if you can figure the right mix, try soft serve with the cocoa. Homemade milkshake.

Aww c'mon Boats, you know as well as I do if you can handle Navy/Coast Guard coffee you can handle anything...

I do agree about bringing your own travel mug rather than using the dinky little cups they provide aboard. You just get a good start on a cuppa and it's gone!

For everyone: Years ago, a Navy Chief Steward's Mate taught me that a dash of cinnamon will neutralize the bitterness in a cup of coffee. Doesn't take much, and it works best if you put it over the grounds before you brew a pot, but it'll help, a lot, in an individual cup. Just a little zetz along with the cream and sugar. You won't even taste the cinnamon if you did it right, but the bitterness will be gone. It also helps stop the upset stomach that coffee can give you. I carry one of those salt shakers you use when camping, full of cinnamon, with me for that.

For all of you that bring your own travel mug...how do you wash it in between uses? Does your cabin steward do it for you?

Wash it in the bathroom sink with soap and hot water - or you can rinse it out with the hot water on Lido deck (used for tea, etc)....

Are flavored liquid creamers available? I'm not picky at all about the flavors, but that's something I will have to pack if they aren't available. I really don't enjoy my coffee without it.

No - no flavored liquid creamer is available. I always take flavored POWDERED creamer since it travels best on an airplane, but I have seen a lady carrying a carton of Coffeemate French Vanilla creamer on the lido. I guess she must have kept it on ice in her cabin. I have recently found some of the little single serving flavored coffeemates too at the stores. In my experience, the quality of the coffee varies from venue-to-venue and ship-to-ship.

No - no flavored liquid creamer is available. I always take flavored POWDERED creamer since it travels best on an airplane, but I have seen a lady carrying a carton of Coffeemate French Vanilla creamer on the lido. I guess she must have kept it on ice in her cabin. I have recently found some of the little single serving flavored coffeemates too at the stores. In my experience, the quality of the coffee varies from venue-to-venue and ship-to-ship.

Thanks for the info. I wouldn't bring liquid, since it's potentially messy to travel with, but I guess I'll be traveling with powdered creamer (which I don't enjoy as much).

Based on the above comments . . . how much is the large cup of regular coffee at their "coffee bar"?

The coffee bar is really good...and Im not talking whats on the lido deck! Have atleast a cup if not more everyday!

If I recall from my last CCL on Conquest, expresso/cuppucino were free after dinner in the MDR?

+1 on bringing your thermal cup. Keeps hot drinks hot and cool drinks cool. Then again, my upcoming cruise on Magic, our cabin is directly underneath the Lido buffet so can easily run up and down within 60 seconds :) This could be dangerous...

Archived