Coffee all day?

RedbirdFL

Does anyone know if you can ask for a carafe to be delivered to your room? We're going to be on the Fantasy in a week - if ship makes a difference.

You can. Just order it through room service. It will come in a carafe. I've heard of people holding on to the carafe and then using it to get their own coffee from the lido deck later in the day.

You can. Just order it through room service. It will come in a carafe. I've heard of people holding on to the carafe and then using it to get their own coffee from the lido deck later in the day.

You just made my husband's evening!! Thank you! :D

I have seen the crew refill the coffee machines with fresh Maxwell House coffee and not a liquid concentrate or instant. The liquid is concentrated tea for the iced tea.

I think they purposely make the coffee and tea on the strong side because you can dilute it with the hot water, milk, hot chocolate, etc. If it is on the weak side it would get thrown away. :)

• 2 weeks later...
If I recall from my last CCL on Conquest, expresso/cuppucino were free after dinner in the MDR?...

Espresso/Capuccino are free in the MDR at breakfast and lunch too (as well as dinner). ... at least on the Glory and the Elation. For me, this is my motivation to get up and dressed to go to the Dining Room in the morning instead of just stumbling to the buffet with sleep sand in my eyes!

For all of you that bring your own travel mug...how do you wash it in between uses? Does your cabin steward do it for you?

I get heavy duty paper towels and squirt dish detergent on them and wait til they dry- Put them in zip lock baggies and I can wash my cup out each day.

In previous threads ,posters have said MDR, room service or lido coffee is better/worse. All seemed the same to me, just so-so.

BTW expresso/cuppucino were also offered on the Pride at no charge.

We were glad we brought large insulated mugs with us. The only problem was we wanted to also use them to take back some

of the fruit juice cocktail back to the cabin for later use as a mixer.(Goes great with rum :p)

We had the same issue on HAL when I cruised with them 24/7 coffee but it was just heinous :) I just budget an amount for the length of the cruise (generally around $20/day--which is WAY more than I typically use per day, but that let's me splurge on a fancy coffee now and again without ever blowing out the coffee budget) and go for the coffee bar and just consider it an expense of cruising. Life's too short to drink crappy coffee on vacation ;)

don't let DH get too excited, the coffee tastes like hell. I fight it down each morning, mostly for the caffeine.

Add a shot of overproof rum and it's fine.

Is the coffee on the Lido deck available all day long or just at breakfast?
It is available all day long, but often tastes as though it was made the day before, or a week ago.

Sometimes you can get a better tasting cup of coffee if you go around from station to station on the Lido deck trying each one until you find one that is tolerable. Sometimes you can get lucky and hit a pot that was freshly made.

Occasionally, if you really get lucky, they even clean out the pot before dumping in more coffee.

Archived