Ordering more than one dessert

cafediem

This will be our first cruise with Celebrity. Our last cruise was with RCI, and my two teenage sons noticed that many of our tablemates routinely ordered more than one of every course. Like many teens, and as they are approaching 6 feet tall and still growing, they have very healthy appetites...so they started ordering the occasional extra dessert when they felt hungrier. (And on one occasion a waiter brought my then 12-yr old an extra dessert because ' I didn't think the one you ordered would be enough...')

Is this acceptable in the MDR on Celebrity? Will it be frowned upon or viewed as two growing lads enjoying their food?

Many thanks

Absolutely acceptable. Sometimes we would order "one for the table" just so everybody could sample a bit, other times, two desserts for one person, whatever you want. They can do the same with the main courses, too. If they want both a steak and pork chops, go for it.

They can order as much as they want, desserts or else.

I seem to order two appetizers regularly. I can never seem to be able to make up my mind and I also love to taste different foods.

Let them enjoy their food!

Absolutely acceptable. Sometimes we would order "one for the table" just so everybody could sample a bit, other times, two desserts for one person, whatever you want. They can do the same with the main courses, too. If they want both a steak and pork chops, go for it.

In my opinion sugar is like a drug. Moderation is not a bad thing. If I get dessert, it is usually the no sugar added desserts.

Last year my son (15) had a steak a night , quite often one for lunch too , and constantly grazed from the pool bar grill , ocean view buffet , pastries from cafe al bacio , ice cream at any opportunity and still managed a full sit down meal in the MDR ( our lovely waiters made sure we had 2 bread baskets )

The waiters were quite happy to bring whatever we asked for , best holiday ever.

Is it any wonder the pounds pile on during a cruise? :eek:......? I suffered enough weight gain on our last 12 night cruise without ordering extra courses... don't know how you manage to squeeze it all in :D

When they used to come out with the samples of all the desserts on a tray, I very often saw people order all of them...

Used to? This is how they presented the dessert menu on the Century cruise a couple weeks ago (all of the desserts on a tray).

Used to? This is how they presented the dessert menu on the Century cruise a couple weeks ago (all of the desserts on a tray).

They stopped it for awhile, glad they restarted it, my last couple of cruises were in AQ and did not eat in the MDR.

On all of our cruises with Celebrity, the waiters were so enthusiastic when they found people who loved food or were excited about the food on the menu. They always got to know what you loved and did not love, and would always bring extra dishes for you, or for others at the table, or even ones for the table to share! Often this was more evident at second seating, as they tend not to go overboard at first seating so they don't run out of particular popular dishes.

Tell your boys to order as much as they can eat - my husband does not really eat dessert so he would order an extra starter or main course instead. You should enjoy yourself on your cruise.

Haven't seen the dessert sample tray on Celebrity in several years...maybe since 2007 or 2006. I miss it though, it was a nice way to preview what was available.

On topic - my daughter regularly orders two desserts or two appetizers and our waitstaff has always been more than happy to oblige. No one will mind, so go for it.

Haven't seen the dessert sample tray on Celebrity in several years...maybe since 2007 or 2006. I miss it though, it was a nice way to preview what was available.

Interesting. My first Celebrity cruise was very recent (ended Friday 4/29) and thought the dessert tray was a nice touch. I was on the Century. Maybe they don't do it on all ships?

I lost 53 pounds before our last cruise a few weeks ago, an 11-night cruise on Equinox. I could not eat all of any course. Our waiter, Francisco, worried every night and offered to bring me something else...thinking I didn't like what I ordered. The food was great!!! They like for you to eat. They worry when you don't:-) My daughter, Son-in-law and Husband ordered two desserts most nights. My one thought would be, try to order what you can eat. I try to teach kids not to waste. Have fun. We booked the same cruise again for 2013. Oh, by the way, I still gained 8 pounds in 14 days, which included our precruise time in Fort Lauderdale. :-( One of my dresses was a little snug by end of cruise so be careful:-)

Hi Everyone !

Just off Constellation today. The Dessert tray was displayed nightly. We've always enjoyed it, and think it's a very nice touch.

If you don't eat yer meat you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat yer meat?

There is a secret to eating more than one desert and not feeling guilty about the extra calories. The problem is if I revealed it than it wouldn't be a secret and then everyone would know. But I feel in a good mood so here it is:

100 years after the cruise no one will really care and it really won't matter so go for it and enjoy.

All in all, you're just another brick in the wall.

Archived